Bank holidays in Chhattisgarh include festivals such as Diwali, Holi, Id, gazetted holidays such as Republic Day, Gandhi Jayanti, and other major public occasions. Chhattisgarh is a landlocked state famous for its temples, waterfalls, and diversity. People celebrate various festivals in this state, many of which are observed as bank holidays in Chhattisgarh.
The capital city of Chhattisgarh is Raipur. The state is well-known for its Sanjay Market, which is set up every Sunday in Jagdalpur, and the Chitrakoot Falls in the state's northwest region. Learn more about the culture and bank holidays in Chhattisgarh here.
Bank Holidays in Chhattisgarh 2023
There are many public events that are observed as bank holidays in Chhattisgarh every year. While some of these days may be of regional importance, others might be of religious or cultural importance. The Reserve Bank of India is responsible for stating the number of days to be observed as bank holidays in Chhattisgarh by all public and private banks.
There are certain occasions in which banks are to remain closed mandatorily. These occasions include all gazetted holidays of India, i.e., Republic Day, Independence Day, and Gandhi Jayanti. Find out more information about the bank holidays in Chhatisgarh here.
Bank Holidays in Chhattisgarh - Fixed Holidays
The Reserve Bank of India - India’s premier banking institution, has directed that all public and private sector banks will remain closed on certain days in the week. Every second and fourth Saturday of every month is to be observed as a bank holiday in Chhattisgarh.
In case there is a fifth Saturday in a month, it is to be observed as a working day. Check out the list of bank holidays in Chhattisgarh to know more about the days on which you can pay a visit to your bank.
List of Bank Holidays in Chhattisgarh 2023
We have shared the date, day and other details about the bank holidays in Chhattisgarh here:
Date & Month
Bank Holidays in Chhattisgarh
Type of Holiday
Closing of Bank Accounts
Sant Kabir Das Jayanti
Bakrid / Eid al Adha
Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti
Guru Nanak Jayanti
Guru Ghasidas Jayanti
Bank Holidays in Chhattisgarh - Details
Check out the details of some of the most significant bank holidays in Chhattisgarh 2023:
Sant Guru Kabir Jayanti (June 4)
- Kabir Jayanti is a holy birthday that devotees worship on a full moon day (Jyeshtha Poornima).
- Guru Kabir Jayanti it normally falls in late May or early June, although the exact date may vary each year.
- It is observed as one of the most important bank holidays in Chhattisgarh each year.
- Kabir was a mystic poet and saint in the 1400s. Although he was born a Muslim, he became a disciple of the Hindu saint Ramananda.
- Through his teachings, he was loved by both Hindus and Muslims.
- On this bank holiday in Chhattisgarh, followers of Saint Kabir read his teachings and recite his poetry together. Bhandara is held, and social work is carried out.
Hartalika Teej (August 19)
- “Teej” signifies festivals that are observed only by women.
- Hartalika Teej marks the union of Goddess Parvati with Lord Shiva.
- It is celebrated for the well-being of a wife and her children.
- This Chhattisgarh bank holiday is marked with fasting, followed by feasting and women praying for the long life of their husbands.
Guru Nanak Jayanti (November 27)
- Guru Nanak Jayanti is another important day observed as a bank holiday in Chhattisgarh 2023.
- People also call this day as Gurpurab.
- It is the most important holy day for the Sikhs in Chhattisgarh.
- On this day, the founder of Sikhism, Guru Nanak Dev, the first Sikh Guru, was born.
FAQs on Bank Holidays in Chhattisgarh
Q1. How many bank holidays are there in Chhattisgarh 2023?
There are many bank holidays in Chhattisgarh 2023, including Republic Day, Holi, Ram Navami, Sant Kabir Jayanti, Good Friday, Ambedkar Jayanti, Idul Fitr, Janmashtami, Vijaya Dashmi, Diwali, Hariyali Teej, Independence Day, Gandhi Jayanti, Guru Nanak Jayanti, and Christmas Day.
Q2. Which are the most important regional bank holidays in Chhattisgarh 2023?
Some of the most important regional bank holidays in Chhattisgarh 2023 include Sant Guru Kabir Jayanti, Hartalika Teej, Vijaya Dashmi, Diwali, and Guru Nanak Jayanti. All these days are observed as bank holidays in Chhattisgarh by all public and private sector banks in the state.
Q3. How many national bank holidays in Chhattisgarh are there?
There are three national bank holidays in Chhattisgarh. Republic Day (26 January 2023), Independence Day (15 August 2023), and Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti (2 October 2023) are observed as bank holidays in Chhattisgarh under the directions of the Reserve Bank of India.
Q4. Is tomorrow a bank holiday in Chhattisgarh?
Check whether tomorrow is a bank holiday in Chhattisgarh or not by browsing through the list of all bank holidays in the state. The list of Chhattisgarh bank holidays covers all the religious, regional, and special occasions on which the private and public sector banks remain closed in Chhattisgarh.
Q5. Are all Saturdays bank holidays in Chhattisgarh?
No, all Saturdays are not bank holidays in Chhattisgarh. As per the Reserve Bank of India’s guidelines, only the following Saturdays are to be observed as bank holidays in Chhattisgarh:
- Second Saturday of every month.
- Fourth Saturday of every month.
Q6. Where can I get the Chhattisgarh bank holidays list?
Find the list of bank holidays in Chhattisgarh 2023 shared here. By being aware of the days on which the banks will remain closed in Chhattisgarh, you will be able to plan your bank visits conveniently. We have also shared details about some of the most significant bank holidays in Chhattisgarh here.