Bank Holidays in Arunachal Pradesh 2023 include several days of religious, regional, or national importance. Arunachal Pradesh is a mountainous state in Northeast India with the least population of all Indian states. This state is culturally rich, and days of cultural significance are observed as bank holidays in Arunachal Pradesh.
People of diverse cultures reside in Arunachal Pradesh, observing many festivals and special occasions, many of which are observed as bank holidays. We have shared a list of bank holidays in Arunachal Pradesh 2023 here.
Bank Holidays in Arunachal Pradesh 2023
Arunachal Pradesh is a northeastern state that shares international borders with Tibet, Myanmar, and Bhutan. There are many bank holidays in Arunachal Pradesh, observed throughout the months in the years. We have shared the details about these special occasions here.
Besides the special occasions, the bank in Arunachal Pradesh also remains closed on some fixed days. Here is all you need to know about the fixed bank holidays in Arunachal Pradesh:
- As per the regulations set by the Reserve Bank of India, all private and public sector banks remain closed on gazetted holidays.
- The second and fourth Saturdays of every month are observed as bank holidays in Arunachal Pradesh.
- All banks remain closed every Sunday of the month.
List of Bank Holidays in Arunachal Pradesh 2023
You must be aware of all the Arunachal Pradesh bank holidays to plan your monthly visits to the bank in the state. Find the details about the date, day, and type of bank holidays in Arunachal Pradesh 2023 here.
Date & Month
Bank Holiday in Arunachal Pradesh
Type of Holiday
Annual Closing of Bank Accounts
Bakrid / Eid al Adha
Guru Nanak Jayanti
Indigenous Faith Day
Bank Holidays in Arunachal Pradesh - Details
It is a good idea to know about the bank holidays in Arunachal Pradesh to get an idea about the cultural of Arunachal Pradesh. We have shared the details of some of the most significant Arunachal Pradesh bank holidays 2023 here.
Bohag Bihu (April 14)
- Bohag Bihu is a major festival in the Northeast, also called Rongali Bihu.
- It is the new year of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh and a prominent date in the farming calendar of Arunachal Pradesh.
- It is one of the important Bank Holidays in Arunachal Pradesh 2023.
State Day (February 20)
- Arunachal Pradesh is the 24th state of India, formed in 1986 through the 55th Amendment.
- The day is marked with parades and flag hoisting in the state.
- It is one of the most prominent Arunachal Pradesh bank holidays.
Solung (September 1)
- This is the most awaited festival for the Adis people of Arunachal Pradesh and is observed as a bank holiday in Arunachal Pradesh.
- This festival is celebrated on September 1 every year, after sowing seeds of harvest.
- Solung is an agro-based festival and is celebrated to seek blessings for the upcoming harvest
Indigenous Faith Day (December 1)
- This day is celebrated across the state of Arunachal Pradesh to promote all indigenous faiths.
- Indigenous Faith Day is observed as a bank holiday in Arunachal Pradesh by some public and private banks.
- This day is also observed to raise awareness about the people of different faiths coexisting peacefully in Arunachal Pradesh.
FAQs on Bank Holidays in Arunachal Pradesh
Q1. What are the bank holidays in Arunachal Pradesh in 2023?
Bank Holidays in Arunachal Pradesh 2023 include Republic Day, Pongal, Holi, Ram Navami, Good Friday, Ambedkar Jayanti, Bohag Bihu, Idul Fitr, Janmashtami, Vijaya Dashmi, Diwali, Guru Nanak Jayanti, Independence Day, Christmas, Solungg, Indigenous Faith Day, etc.
Q2. What is one of the major Bank Holidays in Arunachal Pradesh?
One of the major bank holidays in Arunachal Pradesh 2023 is Bohag Bihu. Bohag Bihu marks the beginning of the New Year in many states of northeastern India. This festival is celebrated over a span of seven days, each of which signifies a special event. People cook special meals and seek the blessings of god on this day.
Q3. How many gazetted bank holidays are there in Arunachal Pradesh?
There are three gazetted bank holidays in Arunachal Pradesh. These holidays are fixed by the Reserve Bank of India and are observed by all the private and public banks in India. The gazetted bank holidays in Arunachal Pradesh 2023 include Republic Day, Independence Day, and Gandhi Jayanti.
Q4. Is Saturday a bank holiday in Arunachal Pradesh?
Some Saturdays are observed as bank holidays in Arunachal Pradesh. As per the guidelines set by the Reserve Bank of India, the following Saturdays are bank holidays in Arunachal Pradesh:
- Every second Saturday of the month.
- Every fourth Saturday of the month.
Q5. Why is February 20 a bank holiday in Arunachal Pradesh?
February 20 is observed as a bank holiday in Arunachal Pradesh because it commemorates the State’s Foundation Day. On this day in 1987, Arunachal Pradesh was declared an official state of India. Since then, February 20 has been celebrated as State Day in Arunachal Pradesh.
Q6. Where can I find the list of bank holidays in Arunachal Pradesh?
Find the list of bank holidays in Arunachal Pradesh shared here. You can check the dates on which the public and private banks in Arunachal Pradesh will remain closed in 2023 in the list. Moreover, you can also find additional information about the bank holidays in Arunachal Pradesh here.