How to prepare for Bihar SI Exam 2022?
The Bihar Police SI has different stages of examination, i.e., two written exams- BPSSC Prelims and BPSSC Mains exam. The written exam, which objective is followed by the Physical Exam and the Medical Exam. Candidates who successfully applied for the Bihar SI exam 2022 must ensure they have a sound preparation plan and strategy for the exam.
BYJU'S Exam Prep experts have curated a comprehensive Bihar SI preparation strategy to ensure that all the sections of the syllabus are completely covered. You must go through the subject-wise preparation tips mentioned below.
Bihar Police SI Preparation Tips (बिहार पुलिस उप निरीक्षक भर्ती की तैयारी कैसे करें)
As highlighted earlier, the commission has determined the sections asked in different stages of the BPSSC examination, which are as follows:
- BPSSC Prelim Exam
- BPSSC Mains Exam
- BPSSC Physical Eligibility Test
- BPSSC Medical Examination
The duration of the BPSSC Prelims Exam is 2 hours, which includes a negative marking of 0.2 marks, i.e., 1 mark will be deduced on attempting wrong Qs. For details, check the Bihar Police SI exam pattern & SI syllabus
Let us try and understand what all it needs to make a strategy that will help ace the preparation. Before giving any additional tips for a one-day exam like BPSSC SI Police, there are one-stop solutions available in the form of books, including:
- Previous Year Papers or the Question Banks preferably by Kiran Publication
- General Studies for BPSSC Police Exam SI. For this, General Studies by Lucent can be referred.
- General Hindi can also be covered by Lucent.
Check the complete list of Bihar SI books for preparation.
As the exam is not very complicated like UPSC or State Services Exam. A decent day-wise plan can be executed well, covering the key areas of the syllabus (as mentioned in the notification).
Bihar SI Preparation: History
Let's begin with What do we have to study from the History section?
Ancient India, Medieval India and Modern India. One needs to focus more on Modern India, but Bihar specific GK questions emphasize ancient India as well.
Ancient India important topics
- Indus Valley Civilization
- Important sites at the river banks
- Artifacts of historical importance and their cultural significance
- Buddhism and Jainism
- Both originated from Bihar and hence are very much important, thorough knowledge about the differences and the similarities
- Various councils of Buddhism, their kings, and places (II, III and IV councils are frequently asked)
- Empires and kingdoms, their political and economic affairs, infrastructural developments, wars they fought
- Vedic era must also be done thoroughly, at least the topics reflected in previous year papers.
- Travellers, their chronology, and account
Medieval India important topics
- Sultanates: Tughlaq, Khilji, etc
- Important architects and the rulers who made them, e.g., Iltutmish, Firoz Shah Tughlaq and Mohd. Bin Tughlaq- important canals, various departments, market control policy
- Various terminologies of the administration in medieval times
- Mughal Empire
- Their administration
- Important architectures
- Art and culture
- Music, Books, and authors
- Important wars- Battle of Panipat, Battle of Chausa, Battle of Khanwa etc., the places and between the rulers
- Maratha regime
- Governance- ashthapradhan and likewise various terminologies
- Terminologies- Chauth, Surdeshmukhi etc.
- Modern India
- 7-8 Qs are asked from here
- East India Company, Dutch firms, various firms and the year of their establishment and places.
- Administrative set, Viceroys and Governor General’s work.
- Important battles- under the regime of Cornwallis, Lord William Bentick, Canning (1857 sepoy mutiny), Curzon (Bengal partition), Ripon (Press freedom as Vernacular Press Act was abolished) etc
- Mysore war, treaty of Srirangapatnam, Treaty of Mangalore, under which governor’s presence and so on
- Anglo-Maratha war, Battle of Buxor, Battle of Plassey, the rulers, and representatives and so on
- 1857 mutiny must be thoroughly covered.
- Social reforms- by Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar, Keshavchandra Sen, Ravindranath Tagore, Brahmo Samaj, widow remarriage etc
- Congress sessions – important one (1907, 1916, 1929, 1931 etc)
- Movements- Champaran, Non-cooperation etc.
- Important Personalities: Mahatma Gandhi, Important movements, Books on him and written by him, newspapers etc.
- Important tribal movements: Birsa Munda, Sanyasi, Paglapanthi etc.