Why Industries located in a Particular Geographical Region?
Industrial sites are inherently complicated. The availability of a variety of variables has an effect on these. Raw materials, land, water, labour, money, electricity, transportation, and market are just a few of them.
- Raw material: A natural resource that can be used as a raw material is available.
- Technology: To turn the resource into a valuable asset.
- Power: The ability to make use of technology.
- Human resources: in the region that can work as labour to keep the processes running.
- Connectivity: between roads and trains.
- Storage and warehousing are two words that are used interchangeably.
- Possibility of marketing
- Land and soil characteristics.
- The weather.
- Water resources and precipitation
- Natural resource vulnerability.
Other Contributing Factors
- One of the most significant considerations in an industrial setting is raw materials. The availability or location of raw materials may decide the location of industries in and of themselves. Any industrial establishment requires power, whether it is traditional (coal, mineral oil, or hydroelectricity) or non-conventional in nature.
- The location of an industry is often influenced by the availability of easy transportation. As a result, the intersections of rivers, highways, and railways become bustling hubs of industrial activity. At the end of the production process, the finished products can enter the market. As a result, proximity to the market is an additional advantage to consider when choosing a location for industry. Another aspect that affects the industrial location is the availability of water. Because of this, many factories are built near rivers, canals, and lakes. The iron and steel industry, as well as the textile and chemical industries, all need significant amounts of water to work properly. The climate of the industry's chosen location is critical; harsh climates are not conducive to good industrial development.
- Due to these reasons industries are located at certain places.