You have just completed the syllabus of the Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning subject for the Mechanical Engineering Branch. Here you will find all the IMPORTANT FORMULAS Of Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning subject. Formulas of the first chapter have displayed for your illustration
- Refrigeration is the process of maintaining space at a lower temperature than that of the surrounding.
- The heat pump works in the same principle as that of the refrigerator. In the case of Heat Pump, our objective is to maintain a space at a temperature higher than the surrounding.
- The refrigeration effect is the amount of heat that has to be removed from the space to maintain it at a temperature lower than the surrounding per kg of refrigerant. Its unit is kJ/kg
- Refrigerating capacity is the product of refrigeration effect on the mass flow rate of refrigerant. Its unit is kW.
- Unit of Refrigeration (Tons of refrigeration)
It is defined as the amount of heat which is required to extract from 1 ton of water at 0°C in order to convert it into ice at 0°C in a day or 24 hours.
= 210kJ/min = 50kcal/min = 4.71 HP (1 horse power = 746W = 0.746kW)
You can avail of BYJU’S Exam Prep Online classroom program for all AE & JE Exams:
You can avail of BYJU’S Exam Prep Test series specially designed for all AE & JE Exams:
Team BYJU’S Exam Prep
Download BYJU’S Exam Prep APP, for the best Exam Preparation, Free Mock tests, Live Classes.