CGPSC AE Preparation Tips: Highlights
Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC) conducts the CGPSC AE exam 2022 for the recruitment of Assistant Engineers in various departments. A total of 83 CGPSC AE vacancies are released in the notification. The CGPSC AE Exam 2022 was scheduled to be conducted on 26th November 2021 but has been rescheduled for the 28th of August 2022 by the CGPSC.
CGPSC AE Exam Pattern
The CGPSC AE Exam Pattern shows a clear picture about the number of questions, marking scheme and duration of the exam. CGPSC Assistant Engineer Exam pattern also gives an insight about the difficulty level of the CGPSC AE Exam 2022.
CGPSC Assistant Engineer written exam common paper for civil, electrical and mechanical is given below
- All the questions in the CGPSC AE exam paper 1 will be set in English and Hindi.
- The CGPSC AE exam paper 1 & paper 2 will have only objective-type questions. ( Multiple choice questions).
- The exam will be concluded in 2:30 hr for the General Studies subject.
- There is no negative marking in the CGPSC AE Exam.
Below is the detailed CGPSC AE Exam Pattern of written exam paper 1 & paper 2 for the candidates.
Number of Question
Paper 1: General Studies
Paper 2: Engineering (Civil / Mechanical / Electrical)
CGPSC AE Exam Preparation Tips: Tips and Tricks to Prepare for Written Exam
To crack CGPSC AE Exam in the very first attempt aspirant must have a concrete study plan or preparation strategy. Given below are some general and important tips to prepare a solid study plan for the CGPSC AE Exam 2022. Candidates must read tips very consciously and implement them accordingly while formulating strategy to ace the exam with good scores.
Here are some steps mentioned :
Step 1: Syllabus
- While reading the syllabus carefully understand the topics to focus on.
- Make a deadline-based study plan of the chapters and topics as per the syllabus.
- Stick with the official syllabus otherwise you might end up with incomplete preparation and a wastage of time on studying unrelated topics.
You can also check out the detailed overview on the CGPSC AE Exam Syllabus.
Step 2: Balanced Study
- Every paper of CGPSC AE Exam is equally important from an examination perspective. Therefore invest proper time on preparation of CGPSC AE Paper 1 i.e. General Studies and CGPSC AE Paper 2 i.e. Engineering Subject.
- Never consider any subject too easy and never give too much focus to a particular subject. Even if you are confident enough in any subject, dedicate a specific time for the preparation of that particular subject too.
- Try to maintain a balanced preparation among all the subjects.
Step 3: Routine Study Plan
- Prepare a target based study plan. It helps you achieve set targets resulting in quick syllabus coverage and with a lot of time for revision.
- Always decide a target that is achievable.
- Add revision time in your plan. More you revise the better will be performance in the exam.
Step 5: Practice
- Practice makes a man perfect and in the case of the CGPSC AE recruitment exam, we have to practice a lot of formulae, numerical problems, general science questions and engineering subjects questions, etc.
- Similarly, a lot of practice will be resolved by practicing as many mock tests and practice sets as possible. Complete one after the other without taking a halt.
Step 6: Previous Year Question Papers
- You can never imagine the preparation for the CGPSC AE Exam without practicing the Previous Year Question Papers.
- First thing you should do after studying the syllabus is collect all the existing CGPSC AE Exam Previous year Papers. Solving CGPSC AE Previous Year Papers has proven to be a game-changer in preparation for any entrance exams.
- If you are solving previous years' question papers topic-wise after completing each topic, then you can easily assess the portions in the topic that are mostly targeted by the examiner or are repeating in nature.
- Previous year question papers give a fair idea of the type and difficulty level of the questions that usually come and also help in time management and improving the problem-solving skills of the candidate.
Step 7: Motivation
- Never get intimidated by the size of the syllabus or the number of papers rather start with topics you are strong in. It gives immense confidence and enthusiasm to achieve more without getting demotivated.
- Always keep yourself relaxed and whenever you feel stressed, do some mood-lightening things related to your hobby, music, or talking to your family members or friends to start afresh.
- Watch Encouraging videos and don't stress to complete the whole syllabus but whatever you cover should be flawless.
Step 8: Solving Mock Tests
- After covering each topic, develop a habit of giving the CGPSC AE Mock Test.
- Attempt, note down wrong attempted questions, revise the concept and try to learn from your mistakes without repeating them again.
- CGPSC AE Mock Test will help in understanding the pattern of the actual exam, give the actual exam environment, and give a chance to candidates to analyze their weak areas and improve them.
- Try to attempt more questions correctly and minimize the duration of time every time you appear in the mock test.
|CGPSC AE Recruitment 2021|
You can avail of BYJU’S Exam Prep Online classroom program for all AE & JE Exams:
You can avail of BYJU’S Exam Prep Test series specially designed for all AE & JE Exams:
Team BYJU’S Exam Prep
Download BYJU’S Exam Prep APP, for the best Exam Preparation, Free Mock tests, and Live Classes.