You have completed the syllabus of the SSC JE exam for Material Science. Now BYJU'S Exam Prep brings you the 100 most important questions of the Material Science subject.
Here you will find the 100 most important questions for the Material Science subject of the Mechanical Engineering syllabus. The top 5 questions are attached here rest questions you can find in the below pdf.
1. Which of the following has the correct sequence in gating design _________.
A. Sprue→ Runner→splash core→skim bob
B. Sprue→ sprue base well→gate→strainer
C. Splash core→ Runner→skim bob→strainer
D. Pouring Basin→strainer →sprue→splash core
2. For profile controls, datum is __________.
A. Allowed but not required B. Not allowed
C. Required D. None of these
3. In the gas Tungsten Arc welding process, the welding is carried out with a non-consumable
electrode and the process is carried out in the inert environment. Which gas is NOT used
as an inert gas in GTAW?
A. Helium B. Argon
C. carbon dioxide D. nitrogen
4. In a gating system, the ratio of sprue base area: runner area: ingate area is 1:2:4. Thus,
it should be a_____.
A. pressurized gating system B. non-pressurized gating system
C. both A and B D. none of the above
5. A 5 mm thick metal sheet is to be bent at an angle of 120o with a bend radius of 100 mm.
If the stretch factor is 0.6, the bend allowance is (take π =3 radians).
A. 100mm B. 103 mm
C. 200 mm D. 206 mm