You have just completed the syllabus of Fluid Mechanics subject for Mechanical Engineering Branch. Here you will find all the IMPORTANT FORMULAS Of IC ENGINE subject. Formulas of the first chapter have been displayed for your illustration.
- Heat engine device transforms chemical energy of a fuel into thermal energy and then convert it to useful work. Thus, thermal energy is converted to mechanical energy in a heat engine.
- IC Engine (Internal combustion engines)
- Combustion takes place within the engine & the product of combustion is directly supplied to the prime mover.
- e.g., Gasoline or Diesel engines, fuel & air form working fluid and directly supplied to the piston.
- The operating cycle can be broken down into a sequence of separate processes viz., intake, compression, combustion, expansion, and exhaust.
EC Engine (External combustion engines)
Combustion takes place outside the engine & it is allowed to expand outside the engine.
g., Steam engine or Steam turbine, heat generated due to the combustion of fuel is used to generate high-pressure steam (working fluid) in boiler & expanded outside the boiler in the turbine.
You can avail of BYJU’S Exam Prep Online classroom program for all AE & JE Exams:
You can avail of BYJU’S Exam Prep Test series specially designed for all AE & JE Exams:
Team BYJU’S Exam Prep
Download BYJU’S Exam Prep APP, for the best Exam Preparation, Free Mock tests, Live Classes.