DFCCIL is one of the Government of India undertaking PSUs which deals with the railway freight corridor. The Junior Electrical Executive has a very main role to play in dealing with the day to day operations regarding the electrical transmission and other issues for a fluent working of the transportation of goods.
Now for preparing for the exam, one need to know the syllabus for Junior Executive for EE. The Syllabus is divided in two parts:
a. Part-I (Non-Technical)(60 Questions): General Knowledge, Numerical Ability, General Aptitude/Reasoning, General Science etc.
b. Part-II (Technical)(60 Questions): Electrical Circuits and Fields, Signals and Systems, Electrical Machines, Power Systems, Control Systems, Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Analog and Digital Electronics, Power Electronics and Drives etc.
- Preparing for this exam needs attention in both tech and non-tech areas as they are equal in number.
- For non-tech you can start preparing with the books eg Lucent and Current Affairs from the GRADEUP App and YT channels.
- For Technical Portion one needs to prepare well.
- Electrical Circuits and Fields: More and more conceptual theory should be covered as questions can be asked from theory
portion here. For Electrical Circuits keep a good practice and accuracy.
- Signals and Systems: Here also theory must be prepared well and also the numerical as this subject deals a lot of numericals.
- Electrical Machines: This subject has a huge syllabus so needed to prepare well. Try to keep theory well prepared as for
Junior Executive numerical from this portion can come in fewer numbers. Try to check out the material used in parts of the machines.
- Power Systems: Try to keep a note of all the main phenomenon and some of the important previously asked numericals.
- Electrical and Electronic Measurements: This subject has various measurement devices hence their construction and connection
has many small but notable differences, try to revise them and also practice more and more numerical.
All the other subjects should also be studied well but these should be well versed as these have higher weightage in the exam.
Best Books for DFCCIL 2021(Technical):
|Question Bank in Electrical Engineering||J.B Gupta|
|Electrical Engineering Objective Types General Awareness|
A. Handa and M. Handa
|Objective Electrical Technology|
V.K. Mehta & Rohit Mehta
|Juniors Engineers Electrical Examination Guide: Electrical Engineering - master guide|
RPH Editorial Board
Best Books for DFCCIL 2021(Non-Technical):
|Best Books for DFCCIL Executive Exam||Author/Publication|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||Dr. R.S. Aggarwal|
|Arihant General Knowledge||Manohar Pandey|
|Logical Reasoning||S. Chand|
|NCERT Textbooks (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)||NCERT|
|Business Development||Sherran S. Spurlock|
|A Short History of Indian Railways (English)||Rajendra Aklekar|
|Test Type||Subjects||No of Questions||Duration|
Computer Based Test
|General Knowledge, General Aptitude/Reasoning, General Science, etc||60|
Qualifying marks in the written test/CBT has been tabulated below:
Qualifying marks in the written test/CBT is prescribed as 40% for UR, 30% for SC/OBC-NCL/EWS and 25% for ST.
For the official notification click the link below:
Sahi Prep hai to Life Set hai !!!!