दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स 07 सितंबर 2022
Important News: National
PM Narendra Modi announces PM-Shri scheme to upgrade 14500 schools
Why in News:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has unveiled a new initiative for the improvement of 14,500 schools nationwide under the Pradhan Mantri School for Rising India (PM-SHRI) program.
- Building PM-Shri School Model Schools will help to ensure that the National Education Policy is implemented in its entirety.
- The development of existing schools chosen from those runs by the Central Government, States, Union Territories, and local organizations will be how the Centrally Sponsored Scheme is put into action.
- These institutions aim to generate holistic persons with the necessary 21st-century skills as well as high-quality teaching, learning, and cognitive growth.
- In PM-Shri schools, a cutting-edge, revolutionary, and all-encompassing technology for educating students will be put in place.
- Under the PM-Shri school model, the emphasis will be on a discovery-oriented, learning-centered approach to teaching.
- The government will also put a lot of emphasis on the most recent technologies employed in the PM-Shri school model, as well as contemporary infrastructures like smart classrooms and sports.
Grievance Redressal Index 2022: UIDAI tops in August 2022
Why in News:
- Top rating among all ministries/departments for resolving public complaints in the Unique Identification Authority of India's Grievance Redressal Index 2022 (UIDAI).
- The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances has released the Grievance Redressal Index 2022 reports (DARPG).
- When it comes to resolving cases obtained through the Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System, UIDAI has been the department that performs the best (CPGRAMS).
- As a catalyst for both ease of living and ease of conducting business, UIDAI is dedicated to helping India's citizens.
- In order to be able to resolve 92% of CRM complaints within 7 days, UIDAI has also included a grievance redressal structure made up of UIDAI Headquarters Division, Regional Offices, a Technology Center, and, active Contact Center, Partners.
- Additionally, the new CRM solution from UIDAI will be able to support many methods for submitting, tracking, and successfully resolving complaints, including phone calls, emails, chatbots, web portals, social media, letters, and walk-ins.
- UIDAI was founded on 28 January 2009 and has its headquarters in New Delhi.
Source: Times Now
Blue Energy Motors opens first LNG truck facility in India
Why in News:
- Blue Energy Motors is supplying India's first LNG truck facility.
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari launched India's first LNG truck facility.
- To introduce the first LNG truck with a BS VI-compliant FPT industrial engine, Blue Energy Motors has a deal with the global powertrain brand of the Italian Iveco Group, FPT Industrial.
- The launch of the 5528 42 tractors will mark the market entry of the first LNG-fueled truck type.
- Blue Energy Motors produces and tests the trucks in accordance with the strict duty cycle of the Indian transportation sector.
- In addition to being the best-in-class TCOs, these trucks, which have high-torque FPT industrial engines, also provide unmatched ride comfort and driver safety for lengthy trips.
- The FPT industrial engine, which is also compatible with CNG, LNG, and biomethane, is one of the most potent natural gas engines.
- It makes use of multipoint stoichiometric combustion to guarantee best-in-class fuel efficiency and quieter operation than diesel engines.
- The CEO of Blue Energy Motors is Anirudh Bhuvalka, and the president of the Iveco Group Powertrain Business Unit is Sylvain Blaise.
Source: Business Standard
The government of India announced to rename Rajpath as Kartavya Path
Why in News:
- The name of Rajpath and Central Vista Lawn will now be Kartavya Path, according to the Indian government's announcement.
- After a special conference to rename Rajpath and Central Vista Lawn in India, this decision was made.
- Previously, the Modi administration changed the name of the street from Racecourse Road to Lok Kalyan Marg where the Prime Minister's home is located.
- From Netaji's statue to President House, the entire route and area are covered by the Kartavya Path.
- The route in Delhi runs from India Gate to the National Stadium and from President House to Vijay Chowk on Raisina Hill.
- Following Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Independence Day speech, in which he highlighted the circumstances leading to the abolition of symbols and emblems associated with the colonial mindset, the decision was made.
- The government's large-scale Central Vista rehabilitation project includes Central Vista Avenue.
- Central Vista Avenue is prepared for opening when development on both sides of Rajpath has been finished.
- The Central Vista reconstruction project includes the new Prime Minister's residence and office, a new Vice President's enclave, a new triangular Parliament building, a common central secretariat, and revitalization of the three-kilometer Rajpath.
- State-specific food booths, red granite walkways with vegetation all around, vending zones, parking lots, and round-the-clock security will be present on Central Vista Avenue along Rajpath.
Source: Dainik Bhaskar
Important News: State
Uttarakhand government launched the 'Samarth' e-governance portal
Why in News:
- An e-governance portal “Samarth” has been launched by the Uttarakhand Education Department.
- Samarth Portal provides all administrative and educational updates including information about entrance exams, salary structure, and appointments from five state universities and 140 public schools.
- This initiative has been started by the government to make the education system more transparent in the state.
- Samarth Portal also provides access to 40 academic study modules.
- Under this scheme, 200 assistant professors of science subjects will be sent to the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore for specialized training, while teachers from state universities will be given training at IIM Kashipur.
- Under this scheme, a teacher-sharing format connecting several private and government schools across the country will also be implemented by the government to provide quality education to the students.
- Earlier the following schemes have been implemented by the Uttarakhand government-
- Chief Minister Solar Self Employment Scheme
- Hans Jal Dhara Scheme
- Integrated Model Agriculture Village Scheme (Integrated Model Agriculture Village Scheme)
- Chief Minister Entrepreneur Player Upgradation Scheme
- snow guard scheme
- e-FIR service
- 1064 Anti-Corruption Application App
- Chief Minister Self Employment Scheme
Source: Times of India
Tripura sets up India's first organic villages
Why in News:
- The first modified organic village in India has been established in Tripura, the nation's first state to do so.
- The usage of chemical fertilizers has decreased, and the Diaspora village in Tripura has transitioned to a lifestyle and livelihood based on nature.
- 64 households live in Diaspora and rely on fishing and agriculture for their livelihoods.
- After embracing the climate change mitigation strategy of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Diaspora is one of Tripura's five successful Bio-Villages 2.0.
- The Tripura government has set a goal of creating 100 organic communities throughout the state.
- The Bio Village Project's goal is to enable rural communities to have holistic socioeconomic development by offering sustainable livelihood and food security.
- The project helps local communities produce solar-powered agricultural machinery, energy-efficient electrical appliances, biogas, and biofertilizers.
- The project's primary goal is to promote green technologies for the sustainable production of goods connected to agricultural and adjacent industries, such as solar water pumps, biomass cook stoves, and biogas plants.
Source: Times of India
Important News: Economy
28th edition of Status Report on India's External Debt 2021-22 released
Why in News:
- The 28th edition of the Status Report on India's External Debt 2021-22 has been released by the External Debt Management Unit (EDMU) in the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance.
- India's external debt stood at US$620.7 billion at the end of March 2022, an increase of 8.2 percent from US$573.7 billion at the end of March 2021.
- According to the report, external debt as a ratio of GDP declined to 19.9 percent at the end of March 2022 from 21.2 percent a year ago.
- According to the report, the foreign exchange reserves as a ratio of external debt stood at 97.8 percent at the end of March 2022 from 100.6 percent a year ago.
- Long-term debt was estimated at US$ 499.1 billion, accounting for the largest share of 80.4 percent, while short-term debt of US$ 121.7 billion accounted for 19.6 percent of such total debt.
- Short-term trade credit was mainly in the form of trade credit (96 percent) financing imports.
- As of the end of March 2022, the sovereign external debt (SED) amounted to US$130.7 billion, an increase of 17.1 percent from the year-ago level, reflecting the additional allocation of SDR by the IMF during 2021-22.
- SDRs increased from US$ 5.5 billion at the end of March 2021 to US$ 22.9 billion.
- The debt servicing ratio declined to 5.2 percent during 2021-22 from 8.2 percent during 2020-21 due to jumping in current receipts and a decline in debt service payments.
- From a cross-country perspective, India's external debt is very low, ranking 23rd globally.
- In terms of various credit vulnerability indicators, India's stability is better than that of low and middle-income countries (LMICs) as a group and many of them individually.
Important News: Defence
Indian Army Chief Manoj Pandey is conferred the honorary rank of Nepal Army General
Why in News:
- President of Nepal Vidya Devi Bhandari has appointed Indian Army Chief General Manoj Pandey as an honorary general of the Nepal Army in Kathmandu.
- The President's official house, "Sheetal Niwas," in the capital of Nepal, hosted a special celebration to commemorate General Pandey.
- During the ceremony of congratulations, the President of Nepal also gave Indian Army Chief Manoj Pandey a sword and a scroll.
- General Manoj Pandey has sent light vehicles and training equipment to the Nepalese Army on behalf of the Government of India, which would help them improve their soldiers' skills.
- The custom carries on a seven-decade-old tradition of granting honorary titles to the military leaders of one another's nations.
- The position was originally given to the Commander-in-Chief General KM Cariappa of the Indian Army in 1950.
- At a ceremony in New Delhi in November of last year, President Ram Nath Kovind also appointed General Prabhu Ram Sharma, Chief of the Nepal Army, as an Honorary General of the Indian Army.