For complete information, download the following document:
Visit the following link to register at COAP:
If you have already registered, please visit the following link:
You may also visit the following COAP website for detailed information:
Candidates who will apply for admission into an M.Tech. Program in the participating academic institutes (IITs), will receive admission offers via COAP only. Without registering at the COAP portal a candidate will not be able to access the offers on COAP.
COAP 2021 Registration: Important Dates
The time window for viewing offers and Making decisions by the candidates
Accept and Freeze
Reject and Wait
Round 1 Counselling
May 13th 2021 to May 14th 2021
Round 2 Counselling
May 20th 2021 to May 21st 2021
Round 3 Counselling
May 27th 2021 to May 28th 2021
Round 4 Counselling
June 03rd 2021 to June 04th 2021
Round 5 Counselling
June 10th 2021 to June 11th 2021
Tentative schedule for Online Additional Rounds
The time window for candidates for viewing offers and decision making by the candidates
Accept and Freeze
Retain and Wait
June 17th 2021 to June 18th 2021
June 24th 2021 to June 25th 2021
July 01st 2021 to July 02nd 2021
July 08th 2021 to July 09th 2021
Who can Register for COAP 2021?
- Candidates seeking M.Tech admissions in any of the participating Institutes of COAP and who have valid GATE score (2019 and/or 2020 and/or 2021) can register at COAP.
- Candidates yet to appear or have appeared in the final examination for the qualifying degrees and whose results are likely to be declared by 15 July 2021 can apply.
How to Register COAP 2021?
- All Qualified GATE Candidates should register at COAP for making a decision against their offers
- The Registration Form will be available from 25th March 2021.
- Candidates can fill and submit the registration form by clicking on the "Register Now" button.
- After submission of the registration form, no changes in the form will be entertained.
COAP 2021 Registration Procedure
- COAP is not an M.Tech. Admission Application portal. For M.Tech. For admission application, a candidate should visit the respective participating Institute's application portal. Candidate should apply to individual IITs and then register COAP to know the available offers to submit the acceptance.
- After successful completion of registration by a candidate at COAP a candidate will not be able to access any information on offers made from the participating academic Institutes. The offer will be uploaded at the COAP portal and will be tagged with the COAP registration number, same as the GATE registration number without subject code.
Candidates action flow chart for all-round offers
Procedure to Check Admission offers through GATE COAP 2021
All the candidates will be able to check the admissions offered by the participating institutes on the GATE COAP portal. To check the status of admission candidates will have to log into the candidate portal using valid credentials. Candidates should check the following steps to know how to check the COAP seat allotment result for the year 2021 for all admissions.
Visit the Portal for GATE 2021 COAP.
Login using the valid ID and password of COAP 2021
Click on the Seat Allotment button.
The institute-wise allotment of seats for every institute’s status in which applied will be reflected on screen
Candidates will have to confirm the seat allotment with options from Accept and Freeze, Retain and Wait, Reject and Wait and Reject.
Seat Allotment Available Options
After an admission offer is made (Excluding the Final / LAST round of offers), the candidates have THREE options on the Online Application Portal:
1) The candidate can select only one offer out of the available offers.
2) Candidate will be having three options as described below in options.
- Option 1: Accept and Freeze
- This option should be selected if the candidate is willing to accept one of the present offers and does not like to be considered for upgrading to higher preferences in the subsequent round(s) of admission.
- Candidates selecting this option will not be considered in the subsequent rounds of admission in any participating academic institute and PSUs.
- After clicking the 'Accept and Freeze' option, the candidate should press submit to confirm the submission of the decision.
- Subsequently, all the candidates should visit the Academic Institutes Admission Portal and PSU's Joining Portal and follow the procedure as per the instructions on the respective Institute website.
- Option 2: Retain and Wait
- This option should be selected if the candidate is accepting one of the present offers he/she gas got and also would like to be considered for upgrade it to the candidate's higher preferences if any in the subsequent round of offers.
- The candidate who selects this option WILL NOT be considered for the other rejected offers in the current round. Nevertheless, the candidate will also be considered for other higher preferences if got in the subsequent rounds of admission offered in the participating academic Institutes and PSUs.
- After clicking the retain and wait option, the candidate should press submit to confirm the submission of the decision separately. Subsequently, the candidate should also visit the respective Academic Institute's Admission Portal or PSU's Job Portal and follow the procedure as per the instructions on the respective website given.
- In the subsequent round, the candidate can select one offer from higher preference offers from the participating academic institute(s) and PSU(s).
- Option 3: Reject and Wait
- This option should be selected if the candidate is not willing to accept any of the offers of admission or job. Nevertheless, the candidate will also be considered for other higher preferences, if any, in the subsequent rounds of admission offered in any participating academic Institutes and PSUs.
- After clicking the reject and wait for option, the candidate should press submit to confirm the submission of the decision.
Participating Institutes in COAP 2021
For any queries related to COAP 2021 please contact the below:
Email address: [email protected]
Telephone no. : 011-2659 1749
- Help-Desk Timings: 9:30am–1:00pm and 2:00pm–5:30pm (Monday- Saturday)
Sahi Prep Hai to Life Set Hai
FAQS Regarding COAP 2021