Do you want to know how to prepare for CTET exam? Simply follow the exam tips shared by our subject matter experts to pass the exam with flying colors. Candidates should start their CTET preparation for the upcoming exam without further delay. The first and most important stage of preparation is understanding the exam pattern and syllabus. Let's quickly go over the most important factors, tips, and tricks to prepare for CTET.
Know CTET Pattern 2023
Check the CTET Exam Pattern to know about the total number of marks allotted to each section and the questions included in each section. By knowing the exam pattern for CTET Exam, candidates can prepare well for the exam
- In the CTET, there will be 150 questions asked carrying a total of 150 marks and the time allotted will be 150 minutes.
- It will be conducted through Online Mode.
- The question paper will consist of objective-type questions & there will be 5 sections and each section will have 30 questions.
- There will be no negative marking in the CTET exam.
Note: Mathematics and Science for Maths and Science teachers (Science Background students). Social Science is for Social Science teachers (Arts Background students).
Follow CTET Syllabus
By knowing the CTET Syllabus, it gets easy to prepare well for the exam. The syllabus can entail detail about the important topic of each subject covered in the exam. It is important to check the detailed syllabus for effective CTET Exam Preparation. Check the CTET syllabus below:
- CTET syllabus is different for paper 1 & paper 2, During your preparation, try to cover the Complete CTET syllabus.
- CTET Paper 1 includes Child Development & Pedagogy, Language 1 (Hindi), Language 2 (English), Environmental Studies, and Mathematics.
- CTET Paper 2 includes Child Development & Pedagogy, Language-1, language-2, Social Studies, or Mathematics & Science.
- The question paper will be Bilingual (Hindi/English).
- 20 Language options are available on the CTET notification, Candidate can choose only two languages from the given 20 languages.
- There are various subjects included in the syllabus, you must make a particular study plan to prepare every topic of the syllabus perfectly.
Focus on Your Weak Area of Study
It is always essential to identify your strength and weaknesses for the right CTET Preparation. This can let you know topics on which you need to focus more. Follow this strategy for your weak areas:
- Identify the area in which you are weak and have a scope for improvement.
- Try to read & learn all the basic concepts and start practicing on your weak areas.
- For the strong areas, you don't need to focus on the basic concepts rather practice more and more questions from those topics.
- Practice CTET previous year's question papers to understand your weak points.
Read Important Books for CTET
It is important to include essential books in your CTET Exam Preparation so as to get complete knowledge of each topic included in the exam. It is important to include only the Best CTET Books as suggested by subject experts for each subject for the right preparation. Follow these strategies for books:
- Prepare at least one Important textbook for each subject as described in the CTET Exam syllabus.
- You can practice with the help of NCERT Books from Class 3rd to 8th.
- You can also prefer any of the books from Arihant, Disha, or Upkar Publication for CTET 2022 preparation.
- You can refer to the best books from the given link.
Learn the Basic Concept and Practice Quizzes
It is always important to clear your basic concepts for each topic for the right CTET Preparation. Follow essential tips for the right exam preparation.
- Initially, focus on the basic concepts of each topic, especially in child development & pedagogy.
- Try to solve Child Development (CDP) questions as well as questions of the other subjects regularly to improve accuracy and performance in each test.
Make a Habit to Prepare Short Notes
Short notes and one-liners can help in easy preparation for CTET Exam. Always make short notes for each topic so that revision gets easy at the time of the exam. Follow these strategies to take the preparation in the right direction:
- Once you start your preparation, try to prepare short notes on the topics.
- These short notes will help you to revise the entire syllabus at the last moment before the exam.
- Highlight the important points in your short notes which will be beneficial during the revision period.
Revise all Concepts and Theories Before the Exam:
Always keep time for revision. Once you are done completing your syllabus, find time for effective revision. This is one of the most effective CTET preparation tips for good preparation. Follow these strategies for quick revision before the exam:
- After the completion of the whole syllabus, try to revise all the important topics every week.
- Try to memorize the concept, important theories, and formulas during the revision.
- Don't just cram, learn the question try, and understand the basic concept of the question.
Make a Habit of Practice Mock Test Regularly
Don't forget to include practice mock tests and test series in your exam preparation. This could help provide you with a basic idea of the types of questions asked in the exam. Following are CTET preparation tips for mock tests:
- Regularly attempting CTET mock tests is vital to score good marks in the real exam.
- You can analyze the section-wise score and improve your preparation rate.
- based on the mock test, you can manage time effectively and efficiently.
CTET Exam Qualifying Marks
Always know the marking scheme before starting your preparation. This could provide you with an idea of how to prepare for the CTET exam. Check details on CTET qualifying marks here:
- Try to attempt all 150 questions because there is no negative marking in the CTET exam.
- For the general category, you need to score 90 out of 150 marks to qualify for the CTET exam.
- There is no sectional cutoff so don't be afraid of any subject.
BYJU’S Exam Prep has the best preparation material from expert faculties like CTET Test Series and CTET online coaching for good marks in the subjects like CDP, English, Hindi, Maths, Environmental Studies, etc.