The mathematics section is the most important area in TET Examination in both Paper 1 and Paper 2. It is one of the most scoring of all the sections if you get the answers right. Scoring can be easy and tough depending on the complexity of the questions and aspirants' understanding of the questions. If you have good command over this section, you can score well. All you need to do is attempt the questions with good accuracy. To make it easy for all the aspirants, we are posting the links below of some important tips and strategies to prepare for Mathematics for CTET, UPTET, REET, and other STET Examination 2022 exams.
- Mathematics is one of the very important subjects.
- There are 30 questions asked in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 for Mathematics subjects.
- Most candidates cannot score well in this section because of incomplete knowledge of the subject & syllabus.
- It is a very conceptual & theoretical subject, and students can score well in this section if they have cleared all concepts.
Weightage of Mathematics in TET Exams
Maths is a practical and formula-based subject. Students can achieve a great score in this section if they have clarity of the concepts. Under such circumstances, students select a few topics for preparation. It is important to know the examination-wise weightage of the Mathematics subject. Check the given below table:
10 to 12 Marks
Topic-wise Distribution of Mathematics in TET Exam
The Mathematics subject is tricky but if you practiced regularly, then it may help you to get a good score. The difficulty level of questions is increased from easy to moderate. For your convenience, we are giving a distribution of questions asked in the mathematics section.
Maths Mostly Asked Topics for Paper 1
Paper 1 mathematic section includes a number system, percentage, average, geometry, profit loss, and other formula-based topics. Let's check out the topic-wise distribution in detail.
Number of Questions
Geometry & Shapes
Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication & Division
Measurement & Weight
Data Handling & Patterns
Maths Mostly Asked Topics for Paper 2
Paper 2 of the Mathematics section, includes a number system, algebra, arithmetics, selling price & cost price, profit & loss, geometry, menstruation, and other formula-based topics. Let's check out the topic-wise distribution in detail.
Number of Questions
Study Material for TET Exams
Here are some of the most common and important topics of mathematics. Get here the complete bundle of Mathematics Material topic-wise below:
Tricks to Find Unit Digit
Short Notes on HCF & LCM
Short Notes on Time & Work
Short Notes on Time & Distance
Short Notes on Number System
Short Notes on Percentage
Short Notes on Simple Interest
Short Notes on Average
Short Notes on Profit & Loss
Short Notes on Ratio & Proportion
Short Notes on Compound Interest
Short Notes on Mensuration
Short Notes on Triangles
Short Notes on Language and Community of Mathematics
Short Notes on Evaluation Methods
Short Notes on Place of Mathematics in Curriculum
Short Notes on Techniques of Mathematics Teaching
Short Notes on Concept and Nature of Mathematics Pedagogy
Suggested Book List for Mathematics Section
Here are some of the best books for the preparation of CTET, UPTET, REET, HTET, HPTET, and other STET Examinations. Check the list given below:
- NCERT from 6th to 8th Class
- Mathematics & Pedagogy (Class 6th to 8th) by Disha Publication
- Mathematics Exam Goalpost (Class 1st to 5th) by Wiley Publication
- CTET Success Master – Teacher Selection for Class 1 to 5 (Paper 1) (English) 5th Edition: Arihant Publications
Important Tips for the Mathematics Section
- Focus on Important Topics: List down Important Topics and make sure you study those topics and practice a lot of questions.
- Work on your weak Areas: It is very easy to go along well with your strong areas, but it is best to work on your weaker areas and give them your best shot. Practice on the weak areas so that it is easy in the examination to solve them more easily.
- Go Through Previous Year Question Papers: This will help candidates to have an idea of the examination pattern. Aspirants should practice the papers during the revision time so that they can know the time limit and can practice weak areas.
- Practice is the ultimate way to succeed: The Final thing you should do is practice more and more. The more you practice the more you develop your understanding. So practice the mock papers available on the official website, sample papers, and the best source is the old year’s papers.
- Prepare Mathematics Pedagogy questions well: You should have a piece of good knowledge regarding the Mathematics pedagogy and concepts. You can solve all the quizzes on Mathematics Pedagogy. Attempt them regularly to strengthen your concepts.
- Attempt all the questions: Since there is no negative marking for wrong answers so attempt as many questions as possible. It will boost the overall TET score.