GATE and ESE are one of the most important exams for an engineering student as these exams provide the most opportunities in their respective fields. The most important time for preparation for these exams is when students are in college. Most of the students qualify the GATE exam in their college days only. So college-going students must consider preparing for these exams as it is not impossible.
The college-going students must prepare for these exams because it is the time when they are studying their subjects and they can practice the numerical and clear the concepts at the same time.
About GATE and ESE Examinations:
GATE is one of the prestigious exams conducted by the GATE committee to check students' technical knowledge and aptitude. The GATE committee consists of various IITs along with IISC Bangalore. They work under the Ministry of Human Resource Development and every year one of the institutes conducts the exam.
ESE exams are conducted by one of the most popular and prestigious departments i.e Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The exam is conducted not only to check the technical knowledge but also to check the current affairs also. it also has a written exam after the MCQ test and an interview. The process of exam is same as IAS exam as they want officers in the Engineering Department.
Unique Features of GATE Exams:
- It is a One-day exam. There is no exam after the online test.
- The exam pattern consists of MCQ, Numerical Type and Aptitude Questions
- No current affairs or ethics subjects are asked in this exam. It is quite a technical only exam.
- Interviews are there for the PSU and for Mtech admissions but those are not in relation to GATE . They are conducted by the universities and the PSUs separately.
Unique Features of ESE Exams:
- It is not a one-day exam. The exam is conducted in three parts Pre Mains and Interview. All are conducted in timely with the result of the previous round.
- General Knowledge and Ethics are also asked in the exam.
- Prelims has MCQ questions with paper in two parts: Paper 1 with the GS and Ethics and Paper 2 for technical
- Mains has two papers in which only Technical Questions are asked and they are of Subjective type.
- Interview of the candidates is done after qualifying the Mains exam.
Preparation Strategy for GATE exam for College Going Students:
- GATE Exam Syllabus: Students are required to check the GATE Syllabus of their respective fields carefully and check the PYQs. This sometimes helps the student in understanding what is the requirement of the exam and how important that subject or topic is for the exam.
- GATE Exam Preparation Books: Please check the textbooks and practice books which is required for basic concepts understanding and practising the numerical.
- GATE Coaching Offline and Online: It is a very important aspect to check because good quality offline classes are not everywhere. They are mostly in metro cities or where good colleges are. Hence check out the place of your college and take the decision to take online or offline coaching if you require.
- GATE previous year papers and mock papers: Never forget to solve the PYQ and mock for the topic you are learning as it will give you the real analysis of how well you have grasped the concept and are you able to handle the difficulty of the questions. Never miss any PYQ and mock.
Preparation Strategy for ESE exam for College Going Students:
- ESE Exam Syllabus: ESE exam syllabus is very vast. It is very difficult to cover all the technical as well non-technical topics while being in the college as the time is less but if a student wants to prepare then he should really check out the syllabus and start working from it. It is not impossible to finish the syllabus but smart work always prevails.
- ESE Exam Preparation Books: The textbooks are typically the same but current affairs books are also added that you can check from the article provided. Now you have to also try to practice your presentation skills as in mains written exam is there so don't rely on tricks and shortcuts.
- ESE Coaching Offline and Online: It is a very important aspect to check because good quality offline classes are not everywhere. They are mostly in metro cities or where good colleges are. Hence check out the place of your college and take the decision to take online or offline coaching if you require.
- ESE previous year papers and mock papers: Never forget to solve the PYQ and mock for the topic you are learning as it will give you the real analysis of how well you have grasped the concept and are you able to handle the difficulty of the questions. Never miss any PYQ and mock.
Other Useful Links
Gradeup Super links:
Sahi Prep Hai To Life Set Hai.