World Art Day has been celebrated every year since 2012 on April 15. It is also the birthdate of Leonardo da Vinci.
International Art Day is celebrated to promote and acknowledge the fine arts and spread awareness for art and creativity worldwide. Art is formed when individuals use creativity and soft skills to create something visually appealing. Some popular forms of art are -
You can use these art forms in industrial and professional applications like fashion design, jewellery, architecture, wooden craftings, indoor designs, etc.
World Art Day - History and Significance
The IAA organisation initiated a proposal to declare April 15 as World Art Day. The sponsors of this proposal were Bedri Baykam of Turkey, and it was co-signed by Rosa Maria Burillo of Mexico and many more.
The United Nations General Assembly accepted the proposal.
Art plays a great role in connecting people from all around the world. International Art Day promotes innovation and creativity among young artists. The day aims to celebrate and acknowledge cultural diversity.
World Art Day 2022 Theme
2022 marks the 75th year of India's Independence and the 150th birth anniversary of Abanindranath Tagore.
Therefore, the IAA decided that the theme of International Art Day 2022 would be 'Bande Bharat'.
Benefits of Incorporating Art in Daily Life
Some benefits of inculcating art in daily life are:
- Creativity: The base of art is to have a creative mindset. You will have to think outside the box. By bringing new ideas and themes, you can create an impact on society.
- Interpersonal Skills: Art is never a solo job. You will have to interact with people to know their thought process and reflect it in your art piece. If you can communicate effectively and play along with others as a team, you can create unique art
- Research Skills: After developing fundamental knowledge and concept of art, you will have to research it in detail. For this, you will have to conduct research. You will have to collect data, and analysis will help make the art piece effective in society. For this, you will also have to learn about social trends
- Analytical Thinking: Analytical thinking does not require you to analyse data. Instead, you will have to study the information related to your interests in art, detect patterns, and evaluate decisions. It can be tough to use both creative and analytical thinking. Creative thinking will help in making unique and compelling art pieces. Analytical thinking will also help in projecting your idea better in your art
- Reducing Stress: Nowadays, stress is a common problem in every brain and is a giant rock in your path; thus, cutting down on stress is essential in improving your cognitive thinking. Painting or drawing while listening to happy music helps release the stress out of your body.
How Should You Observe World Art Day?
The International Association of Art (IAA/AIAP) authority is responsible for organising the collaboration for art. It is an NGO partner of the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
Many festivals are arranged around the concept of art worldwide. You can celebrate World Art Day by spreading awareness and organising some art exhibitions in your local areas.
"Each year, on April 15, World Art Day celebrations help reinforce the links between artistic creations and society, encourage greater awareness of the diversity of artistic expressions and highlight the contribution of artists to sustainable development. It is also an occasion to shine a light on arts education in schools, as culture can pave the way for inclusive and equitable education," Unesco has published.
Leonardo Da Vinci is known for his art that used to convey the message of world peace, compassion, dedication, brotherhood and love. Around 150 artists celebrated the first International Art Day from Sweden, South Africa, Slovakia, France, and Venezuela and it is the perfect day to appreciate and look back on his works.
FAQs on World Art Day
Q.1. When is World Art Day or World Art Day celebrated?
World Art Day is celebrated on April 15 every year.
Q.2. From which year has World Art Day been celebrated?
World Art Day has been celebrated since the year 2012.
Q.3. How is World Art Day related to Leonardo Da Vinci?
April 15 is not only World Art Day. It is also also the birthdate of Leonardo da Vinci.
Q.4. What did UNESCO say about World Art Day?
Regarding World Art Day, Unesco states that the celebrations help reinforce links between society and artistic creations, encourage awareness of the diversity of artistic expressions, and highlight the contributions of artists to sustainable development. It states that it is an occasion to bring forth talk about arts education in schools.
Q.5. Why do we celebrate World Art Day?
World Art Day is celebrated to promote and acknowledge the fine arts and spread awareness for art and creativity worldwide.