List of Documents:
Bring all of your necessary documentation to the SSB interview, either for the document verification or as proof.
- SSB Call Letter: The applicant should bring at least three copies of their call letter with them. One copy of the letter should have been in your carry-on bag, which will be searched at the train station, and the other two should be kept as a backup with other documents.
- Online Application Form (if applicant filled): For certain entries, such as TGC & TES, board officials may request 1 or 2 copies of your online filled form, along with your attested photo. As a result of this, be cautious when filling out the online application form, and also read all of the instructions included in the form.
- Original Identity Proof: Applicants must bring their original Identity proofs. Any School/College ID Cards, as well as any of the Govt. of India's identity cards, for instance, a Voter Card, Pan Card, Aadhar Card, or driving licence. Even admit cards issued by the UPSC are acceptable if they include a photograph of the applicant.
- The education Mark sheet and Certificates: Applicants must bring all the original copies of their class tenth mark sheet along with matriculation certificate, class twelfth mark sheet & certificate, and also the mark sheet of each semester of your Graduation & Post-Graduation, as well as the Degree certificate that they have cleared up to the date of attending the SSB Interview. They must also bring at least four attested copies of all the mark sheets and certificates.
- Certificates for the Extra-Curricular Activities: Applicants must have originals as well as authorised copies of certificates for sporting activities or other co-curricular activities in which they have either participated or won. They should also have any certificates from the events they organised or from positions they held while in high school or college.
- Original NCC Certificate (along with a photocopy of it) (If applicable).
- DCGA-issued commercial pilot's licence (If applicable).
- Every Original Ticket (which includes Traveling Allowance (TA) if you are going for that entry for the first time)
- Your employer's NOC certificate (for those particular applicants who are currently working in the Govt. Organization or PSUs)
- Original Letter from your Unit: In this particular case of ACC entry (i.e. Serving Personnel - Army or Air Force or Navy or Coast Guard), they must bring a specific letter from their specific unit.
- A parental or guardian signature is required on the risk certificate.
- Pre-Final & Final Year Students: All the pre-final and final-year students attending SSB interviews must bring the original certificate with them, which will be granted by the college/university.
Note: Carry the originals of all the above-mentioned papers & documents, as well as four sets of duly attested copies. If your original certificates are in the custody of a college, university, or other organisation, the applicant must carry a custodian certificate from that authority stating that the original certificates are in their custody.
Clothing & Uniform
Every interview, in general, has a dress code. Similarly, the dress code for the SSB interview is specified in your individual call letter. There is a particular dress code for attending various tests at the SSB Interview. As a result of this, each applicant must bring these specific clothes with them.
- The applicant must have at least three to four pairs of formal shoes and clothes. Tie & blazer are optional, as they are not required. Men must have at least two pairs of white-collared T-shirts as well as white shorts on hand. Women must also carry two pairs of white-collared T-shirts as well as white lower pants.
- They must also have a pair of white sports or PT shoes and three pairs of white socks with them. If it is winter, they should bring appropriate winter clothing. All the other regular clothes, such as your casual wear, nightgown, towels, undergarments, shoes, and so on, must be packed in your bag because you will be staying at the centre for the period of 5 days. If you are recommended, your stay may be extended for another 6 to 7 days.
The SSB Board has specified a dress code, which is listed below.
Dark colour trousers & light colour shirt
*Suits or Sarees permissible
Formal & Sports
Seasonal requirement during the winter season
White shorts & T-shirts
For GTO tests
* For winters only
** For GTO
- Uniform: If you are a member of the Indian Army, Indian Air Force, Indian Navy, or Indian Coast Guard, you must bring a set of uniforms (seasonally appropriate) to the Conference.
Photographs: During the SSB interview, applicants must bring at least 5 stamp sizes as well as 20 passport size copies of their latest photographs. The background of the photograph must've been white or light blue.
Other Essential Items: Applicants must carry all the essential and daily use items with you, such as slippers, shaving and grooming kits, two pairs of lock and key, a complete bathing kit, as well as other miscellaneous items required for their general and everyday use. It is recommended that you bring some basic medicines as well as first aid supplies with you.
Adequate Writing Materials: Applicants should bring at least three black as well as three blue ball pens, and also plain white pages or a rough notebook or writing pad.
COVID-19 precautionary equipment
Because of the COVID-19, each applicant is required to bring certain safety items with them. They're
- 3 to 4 sets of face masks
- 4 to 5 pairs of fingerless gloves
- a couple of pairs of face shields
- Water bottles
SSB Interview is considered one of the toughest interviews in India. Without knowing the SSB procedure and SSB interview tips it is tough for an aspirant to clear this interview. We have discussed the complete SSB interview procedure for CDS Exam, SSB interview procedure for AFCAT Exam and SSB Procedure for other defence exams. You can also check our Defence Classroom program where we provide complete guidance to ace the exam.
More from us:
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.