MPTET Selection Process includes:
1. Form Filling
2. Appearing in the exam on the specified date
3. Qualifying for the exam - In order to qualify for the MPTET, it is essential to know the detail of the exam.
- All questions in MPTET will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), with four alternatives out of which one answer will be most appropriate.
- Each question carrying one mark.
- There will be no negative marking.
- MPTET will be conducted in an online mode.
- There will be two papers on MPTET.
- Paper 1 will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for classes I to V.
- Paper 2 will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for classes VI to VIII.
Note: A person who intends to be a teacher for both levels (classes I to V and classes VI to VIII) will have to appear in both papers (Paper I and Paper II).
Paper I (for Classes I to V) is for the Primary Stage. The total number of MCQs will be 150, with one mark each consisting of MPTET Paper- I of 150 Marks.
|1.||Child Development and Pedagogy||Two-and-a-half hours|
|2.||Language I (Compulsory)|
|3.||Language II (compulsory)|
Paper-II (for Classes VI to VIII) is for the Elementary Stage. The total number of MCQs will be 150, with one mark each consisting of MPTET Paper-II of 150 Marks.
|1.||Child Development & Pedagogy||30||30||Two-and-a-half hours|
|2.||Language I (compulsory)||30||30|
|3.||Language II (compulsory)||30||30|
|4.||Mathematics and Science OR Social Studies/Social Science||60||60|
Nature & Standard of Questions
1. The test items on Child Development and Pedagogy will focus on the educational psychology of teaching and learning relevant to the age group of 6-11 years. They will focus on understanding the characteristics and needs of diverse learners, interaction with learners, and the attributes and qualities of a good facilitator of learning.
2. The Test items in Language I will focus on the proficiencies related to the medium of instruction.
3. The Test items in Language II will focus on the elements of language, communication, and comprehension abilities.
4. Language II will be a language other than Language I. A candidate may choose any one language as Language I and another as Language II from the available language options and will be required to specify the same.
Language of the Question Paper
- The main question paper shall be Bilingual (Hindi/English).