List of Chief Ministers of Indian States 2021
|State||Chief Minister||Took Office||Party|
|Andhra Pradesh||Shri YS Jagan Mohan Reddy||30/05/2019||YSR Congress Party|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Shri Pema Khandu||17/06/2016||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Assam||Shri Himanta Biswa Sarma|
|Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Bihar||Shri Nitish Kumar||20/11/2015||Coalition Government|
|Chhattisgarh||Shri Bhupesh Baghel||17/12/2018||Indian National Congress|
|Delhi (NCT)||Shri Arvind Kejriwal||14/02/2015||Aam Aadmi Party|
|Goa||Shri Pramod Sawant||19/03/2019||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Gujarat||Shri Vijaybhai R. Rupani||07/08/2016||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Haryana||Shri Manohar Lal||26/10/2014||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Himachal Pradesh||Shri Jairam Thakur||27/12/2017||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Jharkhand||Shri Hemant Soren||29/12/2019||Jharkhand Mukti Morcha|
|Karnataka||Sri Basavaraj Bommai||28/07/2021||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Kerala||Shri Pinarayi Vijayan||25/05/2016||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|Madhya Pradesh||Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan||23/03/2020|
Bharatiya Janata Party
|Maharashtra||Shri Uddhav Thackeray||28/11/2019||Maha Vikas Aghadi (Coalition Government)|
|Manipur||Shri N. Biren Singh||15/03/2017||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Meghalaya||Shri Conrad Kongkal Sangma||06/03/2018||National People's Party|
|Mizoram||Shri Pu Zoramthanga||15/12/2018||Mizo National Front|
|Nagaland||Shri Neiphiu Rio||08/03/2018|
Democratic Alliance of Nagaland (Coalition)
|Odisha||Shri Naveen Patnaik||05/03/2000||Biju Janata Dal|
|Puducherry (UT)||Shri. N. Rangaswamy||07/05/2021||All India NR Congress (AINRC)|
|Punjab||Shri Capt. Amarinder Singh||16/03/2017||Indian National Congress|
|Rajasthan||Shri Ashok Gehlot||17/12/2018||Indian National Congress|
|Sikkim||Shri PS Golay (Prem Singh Tamang)||27/05/2019||Sikkim Krantikari Morcha|
|Tamil Nadu||Shri M. K. Stalin||07/05/2021||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK)|
|Telangana||Shri K Chandrasekhar Rao||02/06/2014||Telangana Rashtra Samithi|
|Tripura||Shri Biplab Kumar Deb||09/03/2018||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Uttar Pradesh||Shri Yogi Aditya Nath||19/03/2017||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Uttarakhand||Pushkar Singh Dhami||03/07/2021||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|West Bengal||Km. Mamata Banerjee||20/05/2011||All India Trinamool Congress|
Interesting facts about Indian Chief Ministers
1. Current Chief Minister of Rajasthan Ashok Gehlot was elected five times to the Lok Sabha from Jodhpur, he steadily acquired political stature under late Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. He was a Minister under Prime Ministers Indira Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi and P.V. Narasimha Rao.
2. Incumbent CM of Telangana K. Chandrasekhar Rao is also the first chief minister of the state. He assumed office on 2nd June 2014, the same day on which Telangana gained statehood.
3. The title of the longest-serving chief minister in India is held former CM of Sikkim Pawan Kumar Chambling with a term length of 24 years and 165 days. He is also the founder of the Sikkim Democratic Front.
4. Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnayak is India's longest-serving chief minister (Incumbent) with more than 20 years of service. He was first elected on the 5th March 2000 as the CM, since then he has been in the power in Odisha.
5. The father of the chief minister of Punjab Captain Amarinder Singh is the last Maharaja of the princely state of Patiala.
6. Sucheta Kriplani of the Indian National Congress was the first woman Chief Minister of India. She was the CM of Uttar Pradesh from 1963 to 1967.
7. Syeda Anwara Taimur who was the Chief Minister of Assam, from December 1980 to June 1981 was the first Muslim woman to become the CM of any state of India.
8. Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath's original name was Ajay Singh Bisht. He has done BSc in Maths from HNB Garhwal University. He was the MP from the Gorakhpur constituency five times in a row.
9. Present CM of Union Territory Delhi and the founder of the Aam Aadmi Party Arvind Kejriwal was awarded Ramon Magsaysay Award, 2006 for his contribution to India's right-to-information movement and empowering poor citizens to fight corruption.
10. Mamata Banerjee, the present CM of West Bengal and the TMC supremo, is the only leader who could oust the 34 years of Left Front rule in the state. She remains, to this day, one of the consistent critics of the Left Front.
Facilities availed by the Chief Ministers of India
- Chief Ministers of India are entitled to many facilities such as medical and residential facilities, reimbursement of various recurring bills such as electricity, water, and phone, etc. The amount allotted for each of these facilities to the Chief Minister varies from one state to another, as these are specifically detailed in the respective state legislatures of the country.
- Medical facilities: Chief Ministers are entitled to avail free services such as medical treatment, therapy, accommodation in all the government-run hospitals as well as in referral hospitals approved by the government.
- Residence facilities: Every Chief Minister of India is provided with a furnished and rent-free residence. If any CM prefers to stay in his own house, then an amount equal to the rent is paid.
- Reimbursement of electricity and phone charges: The Chief Minister is entitled to a fixed amount of money as reimbursement against phone call charges made in a month. A fixed quantity of electricity units is allotted free of cost to the Chief Minister, for the monthly consumption of electricity.
- Traveling facilities: The Chief Minister is allotted a fixed amount of money for his or her travel expenses within the jurisdiction of the country, in a year. This amount also varies, as outlined in Article 164 of the Indian Constitution. The Chief Minister’s family members are also entitled to a certain amount for free traveling in a year.
This was all about the Chief Ministers of various states of India. Stay tuned with us for more interesting and informative articles like this. Please upvote the post if you liked it and also share it with your friends.