CAT IIM Counselling, Dates & Process
IIMs will release shortlisting of the candidates who will proceed to the next stage of the CAT admission procedure. This shortlisting will be released on the official website of the respective IIMs.
Stages In CAT Counselling
The three stages involved in the CAT Counselling process are as follows :
- Shortlisting of Candidates: Candidates are shortlisted based on the CAT score after the cut-offs are released by the Institutes.
- WAT, GD & PI: After being shortlisted based on CAT score candidates have to appear for WAT, GD & PI.
- Composite Score Calculation: Lastly based on all the parameters the final composite score is calculated and based on that admission offers are made to the candidates.
IIM Counselling Dates
|IIM shortlist status Dates
CAT Common Admission Process (CAP) Counselling Process 2022 :
CAT Common Admission Process or CAT CAP is conducted for admission to new IIMs (IIM Bodhgaya, IIM Kashipur, IIM Shimla, IIM Sambalpur, IIM Sirmaur, IIM Jammu, IIM Ranchi, IIM Trichy, IIM Udaipur). However, the admission process of new IIMs is similar to that of the old IIMs. CAT CAP Counselling is conducted in cities like New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad & Chandigarh. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Written Ability Test (WAT) Process is excluded from the CAP 2022 Process. Besides, the Personal Interview would be conducted through online mode. The PA process will be common to the IIMs that are participating in the Common Admission Process (CAP).
Key Components Of CAT CAP :
- The participating IIMs will assess the performance of the candidates and score them based on different parameters like CAT score, PI, Profile of the candidates.
- Then each IIM will prepare its merit list to offer admission.
- Finally the admission list of the selected candidates will be released on the official website of the colleges.
Important Dates for CAP 2022:
The schedule for IIM CAP 2022 is mentioned below:
CAP 2022 Registration (Start Date)
18 January 2022
CAP 2022 registration (End Date by 5:00 PM)
1 February 2022
Intimation regarding Personal Interview (PI)
5 February 2022
Personal Interview Phase I
February 14-19, 2022
Personal Interview Phase II
February 21-26, 2022
Personal Interview Phase III
March 7-12, 2022
CAT Group Discussion 2022
CAT GD/PI is one of the important steps towards getting admission to an IIM. By this test candidates' ability to work in groups and interpersonal skills are tested.
- The candidates are divided into groups of 8-10 and then given a topic.
- Students are then asked to present their views either for or against the topic.
- The duration for GD varies in each IIM.
Selection Process Of IIMs :
IIM admission and selection process for the batch 2022-24 will begin in January with the release of WAT-PI shortlisting. Admission to IIMs and other B-schools depends upon the CAT score followed by Written Ability Test (WAT) or Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
Admission Procedure Of IIM
The first stage is appearing for the CAT Exam conducted by the IIMs whereas GMAT Exam for the international Candidates. Once the results are out and the colleges release the cut-offs you are supposed to clear the required cut-offs and the composite score. After this, the qualified candidate is called for a Written Test/Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- Stage 1- The first stage of the admission process is to appear for Common Aptitude Test or CAT Exam conducted by the IIMs (GMAT for international candidates).
- Stage 2- After clearing the required cut-offs and the composite score, a candidate is then called for Written Test/Group Discussion and Personal Interview (PI).
- Stage 3- Finally the candidates will be selected based on the final aggregate score, taking into account other aspects as well such as work experience, gender, school board, etc.
IIM CAT Interview Questions & Tips
Given below are some of the tips which every candidate should keep in mind during the interview process:
- Confidence-Scoring well in CAT is not enough but facing the interviewer with confidence and maintaining eye contact is also important.
- Communication Skills: During the interview, the questions should be answered in such a way so that it is easy to understand and also in a polite and humble manner.
- Strong Problem Solving Skills: The candidate should be good at analyzing the problem.
Some of the interview questions are as follows:
- What has been your most challenging or rewarding academic experience so far?
- If you are admitted to this program what do you think your biggest challenge would be?
- What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
|CAT Exam Related Links
|CAT 2022 Exam Date
|CAT 2022 Registration
|CAT Exam Syllabus
|CAT Question Papers
|CAT Mock Test
|CAT Exam Eligibility
|CAT Data Interpretation
|CAT Marks vs Percentile
|CAT Expected Cut Off
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
If you are aiming to crack CAT and other MBA Exam, join BYJU'S Exam Prep Online Classroom Program where you get :
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card