EMRS 2023 Exam Pattern:
EMRS exam pattern is set by the Eklavya Model Residential School which is the conducting body for all EMRS exams. For any candidate willing to apply for the upcoming EMRS 2023 exam, it is important that they are completely familiar with the EMRS teaching exam pattern.
EMRS the exam is one of the most competitive examinations in India. Over the past few years, the number of applicants for the EMRS teaching exam has massively increased and it is important that the candidates have a clear idea of the latest EMRS teaching exam pattern and syllabus to continue with their preparation.
Exam Pattern of Principal Post:
|S. No.||Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Part 01||Reasoning & Numeric Ability||10||10|
|Part 02||General Awareness||20||20|
|Part 03||Language Competency Test (General English and General Hindi-10 marks each subject)||20||20|
|Part 04||Language Competency Test (General English and General Hindi-10 marks each subject)||50||50|
|Part 05||Administration and Finance (Detailed syllabus as on NESTS Website)||50||50|
EMRS 2023 Subject-Wise Syllabus
For the benefit of the candidates, we are providing the entire EMRS Subject-wise Syllabus 2023. Candidates can read in detail the entire syllabus for the vice principal and principal posts.
Syllabus For Principal Post:
A. Child Development & Pedagogy
1. Dimensions of Development
- Growth & Development: Concept, Principal, Factors, & Stages.
- Characteristics of stages of development with special reference to Childhood and Adolescence.
- Adolescence: Understanding their needs and problems in the Indian context.
- Parenting styles: Concept and its impact on child development.
- Personality: meaning, nature and assessment.
2. Theories of Child Development
- Theory of Cognitive Development by piaget: Concept, Stages and Implications with special reference to Indian Context.
- Theory of Social & Emotional Development by Erickson: Concept, Stages and Implications with special reference to India Context.
- Kohlberg Theory of Moral Development: Concept, Stages and Implications with special reference to India Context.
3. Learner as a Developing Individual
- Intelligence: Meaning, nature and theories of intelligence (two-factor theory and Thurston’s group factor theory, Measurement of intelligence and application of intelligence tests.
- Creativity: Concept; relationship with intelligence; techniques for fostering creativity.
- Mental Processes of Learning: Thinking Concept Types of Thinking – Divergent, Convergent, Critical, Reflective & Lateral Thinking.
- Memory – Concept, Types & Strategies to develop Memory; Forgetting – Nature, Causes, Factors & Strategies to minimize Forgetting.
4. Learning in Socio-Cultural Perspective
- Agencies of Socialization: Family, School, Community and their role in Child Development.
- Social & Cultural Change as factors influencing Child Development.
- Impact of Marginalization and Stereotyping on Child Development with special reference to Gender, Social Class & Poverty.
- Role of media in constructing & deconstructing perceptions & ways of dealing with the above issues.
B. Perspectives in Education and School Organization
- Acts/ Rights: Right of Children to free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009 and Child Rights, POCSO Act, Protection of Children against Corporal Punishment in Schools and Institutions.
1. NEP 2020
- Early Childhood Care and Education: The Foundation of Learning.
- Foundational Literacy and Numeracy: An Urgent & Necessary Prerequisite to Learning.
- Curtailing Dropout Rates and Ensuring Universal Access to Education at All Levels.
- Curriculum and Pedagogy in Schools: Learning Should be Holistic, Integrated, Enjoyable, and Engaging.
- Teachers & Teacher Education.
- Equitable & Inclusive Education: Learning for all.
- Efficient Resourcing and Effective Governance through School Complexes/ Clusters.
- Standard Setting and Accreditation for School Education.
- Re-imaging Vocational education.
- Promotion of Indian Languages, Art & Culture.
- Online & Digital Education: Ensuring equitable use of Technology.
2. School Organization
- Curriculum: Meaning, Principles, types of curriculum organization, approaches.
- Institutional Planning: Instructional Plan – Year Plan, Unit Plan, Lesson Plan.
- Instructional material and resources: Text Books, Workbooks, Supplementary material AV aids, Laboratories, Library, Clubs – Museums, Community, Information and Communication Technology.
- Evaluation: Types, tools, Characteristics of a good test, Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation, Analysis and Interpretation of Scholastic Achievement Test.
3. Rights & duties of Principal / Vice – Principal in residential schools
- Right & duties of Principal / Vice-Principal with reference to different stakeholders.
- Development and maintenance of facilities & assets.
- Role of Principal / Vice – Principal in promoting excellence in academics & co-curricular activities.
- Promotion of ethics and values in academic institutions.
1. Understanding Learning
- Learning: Concept, Nature, types of learning & Factors influencing learning.
- Learning strategies: Cooperative learning & Collaborative learning, peer – tutoring, group learning.
- Role of Teacher & School in relation to learning strategies.
- Individual Differences: Concept, Types, Causes & Educational implications.
2. Learning Paradigm
- Connectionism theory (Trial & Error: Thorndike), concept, laws of learning & Educational Implications.
- Conditioning theories: Classical conditioning (Pavlov) & Operant Conditioning (Skinner): Concept, characteristics and Educational Implications.
- Social – constructivist theory (Vygotsky & Bandura): Concept, Nature and Educational
3. Understanding Teaching
- Teaching: Concept, characteristics, features and levels of teaching.
- Related concepts of Teaching (Training, conditioning, instruction & indoctrination)
- Variables in the Teaching Process: The Learning task (Instructional Objectives), Learning Behaviour (Entry behaviours & Learner’s characteristics) Teacher Behaviour : (Competence, Personality, Teaching Style).
- The social–constructivist approach in teaching (Applications of Bruner, Ausubel & Vygotsky’s ideas in teaching).
4. Phase & Models of Teaching
- The phase of Teaching: Pre – active, Interactive and Post – active.
- Models of Teaching: Meaning, Need & Elements, Basic Teaching Model (Glaser), Concept Attainment Model (Bruner).
- Teaching Strategies: Brain–Storming, Simulation, Role-playing, Gaming, Remedial teaching & Enrichment Programme.
Part IV: Administrative & Finance
- CCS (CCA) Rules
- CCS (Conduct) Rules
- Fundamental & Supplementary Rules.
- Travelling Allowance Rules.
- Leave Travel Concession Rules.
- Medical Attendance Rules.
- Pension Rules & New Pension Scheme.
- General Financial Rules – Purchase procedure.
- Income Tax & Service Tax.
Syllabus For PGT Post:
|S. No.||Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Part 01||General Awareness||10||10|
|Part 02||Reasoning Ability||20||20|
|Part 03||Knowledge of ICT||10||10|
|Part 04||Teaching Aptitude||10||10|
|Part 05||Domain Knowledge:||70+5+5||80|
- General knowledge
- Current affairs with special emphasis in the field of education
- Puzzles & Seating arrangement
- Data sufficiency
- Statement based questions (Verbal reasoning)
- Blood relations
- Sequences and Series
- Direction Test
- Assertion and Reason
- Venn Diagrams
Knowledge of ICT
- Fundamentals of Computer System
- Basics of Operating System
- MS Office
- Keyboard Shortcuts and their uses
- Important Computer Terms and Abbreviations
- Computer Networks
- Cyber Security
- Objectives and Basic requirements
- Learner's characteristics
- Factors affecting teaching
- Methods of Teaching Teaching Aids and Evaluation Systems
- Experiential activity-based pedagogy and case study based National Education Policy (NEP)-2020
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Fill in the Blanks
- Error Correction
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Unseen Passages
- Idioms & Phrases
- विलोम शब्द
- पर्यायवाची शब्द
- सामान्य अशुद्धियाँ
- वाक्यांशों के लिए एक शब्द
- मुहावरें और लोकोक्तियाँ
- अपठित गद्यांश पर आधारित प्रश्न
- PGT: Class XII CBSE Syllabus with difficulty level up to Graduation Level. Detailed syllabus for every PGT post is mentioned in the PDF given below.
This is the syllabus of EMRS Teacher Recruitment 2023 for all teaching posts. We hope this article helps you in gaining a better understanding of the exam syllabus and will help you plan your preparation in a better way.