Economic Survey is an annual document which shows all aspect of the Indian economy in comprehensive detail of various sectors. It is very important for the students who are preparing for CDS, CAPF exams. In this article, we are sharing you all Economic Survey 2019 PDF in Hindi & English with some highlights.
Economic Survey 2019 PDF in Hindi & English
Who makes it?
- It is compiled by Chief Economic Advisor (Current- Krishnamurthy Subramanian) under the Ministry of Finance.
Who publishes it?
- It is published by the Department of Economic Affairs under the Ministry of Finance.
- Generally, It is available from one day before from the announce of the budget on the official website of the Ministry of Finance.
History of Economic Survey in India
- First economic Survey of India was published by the government of India for the financial year 1950-51.
What does it include?
- It includes all statistics for the last year for various sectors of Indian Economy.
- The Survey shows the highlights of various initiatives, programmes, policies of the Indian governments.
What is the Significance of Economic Survey?
- Helps in future policy-making based on current statistics of the Indian Economy
- Helps in taking of right steps to achieve the various targets which include growth rate, fiscal deficit, Forex reserves etc.
- Helps in the Budget-making process for the upcoming financial Year.
Structure of Economic Survey
- It is published in two parts which are Volume 1 and Volume 2.
- Each volume is divided into chapters.
- Generally, Volume-2 is more statistics oriented.
Highlights of Economic Survey 2019
- The growth rate of FY20 GDP is estimated at 7%. This could assist the nation to regain the label of the fastest-growing major economy in the world, as this growth rate will assist India to overtake China.
- GDP growth in the country has averaged 7.5 percent over the past five years.
- General fiscal deficit was 5.8 percent in FY19 (was estimated at 3.4 %) vs. 6.4 percent in FY18.
- Non-performing assets (NPAs) have decreased. This should assist to push the capex cycle.
- Stress on the NBFC industry was also one of the reasons for the FY19 development slowdown.
- To attain the goal of becoming a USD 5 trillion economy, India must maintain an average growth rate of 8 percent.
- Improved GST buoyancy to improve the fiscal condition.
Check the below-given link to download Official PDF of Economic Survey 2018-19.
More from us:
BYJU'S Exam Prep now to score better