Geometry is an important branch of mathematics that deals with the properties of shapes, distances, angles, dimensions, and sizes that we see in our everyday lives. Geometry topic is one of the topics that is asked in the defence exams that are conducted by various defense organizations in the country. Through geometry, one's knowledge of the notions of points, lines, angles, distance, surface, and curves are tested. The fundamental concepts of geometry comprise three elements: line, point, and plane. You can get geometry questions, practice papers, mock tests for defence exams here on BYJU'S Exam Prep.
To achieve good marks in Geometry, it is important that one knows the formulas and concepts thoroughly as these are the key elements that will help in solving a numerical with accuracy. Geometry questions are asked in the quantitative section or numerical ability section of the defence exams such as CDS/ AFCAT/ CAPF/ SSB/NDA NA and other competitive exams that are held at the national and state level. Geometry syllabus is also important for various college and school level recruitment exams in India.
Important Geometry Topics For Defence Exams
The most common and the most important topics of mensuration for the defence exams are as follows:
Different shaped geometrical figures.
The pointed corners of any shapes, where their values vary from 0 to 360 degrees.
Parallel Lines & Transversals
A transversal is a line segment intersecting two or more lines, whereas a parallel line has some other property.
Any closed figure with three or more straight lines.
Three-sided closed polygon where the sum of the three interior angles is always equal to 180.
Four-sided shapes, including squares, parallelograms, rectangles, and more.
A polygon of infinite sides where each point on the perimeter is equidistant from the central focus.
Tips to Solve Geometry Questions
- Have a firm knowledge of the various geometrical figures up to the decagon.
- Learn all the geometry formulas with examples by writing and practicing it daily.
- Solve geometry practice questions of various previous defense exam question papers.
- Learn the basic concepts of angles, dimensions, parallel lines, transversal, and shape geometry.
- Write all the important geometry notes for defence exams by mentioning various theorems like Pythagoras theorem, hero's theorem, and more.
Importance of Geometry in Defence Exams
- Geometry syllabus defence exams are made in such a way to access the candidate for their analytical and reasoning skills.
- The geometry portion consists of up to 5% of the mathematics paper’s overall questions.
- In NDA/ CDS exams, mathematics is a mandatory passing subject for any aspirant.
- Coordinate geometry is an important section which comprises major question markings in the exam.
Recommended Books for Geometry in Defence Exams
By Rakesh Yadav Sir
By Paramount Publications
Why prepare Geometry from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep provides geometry questions and answers pdf online for free. You can view and solve all the past year’s previous geometry questions asked in the government's defence exams. You can also take a geometry practice test with answers on BYJU'S Exam Prep for free. The geometry quiz for defence exam helps you practice in a real-time exam environment similar to the exam center model. You can also get geometry study material pdf, which consists of all the geometry tricks and tips for defence exams that can help you pass the exam.
You need to have a firm grasp of geometry concepts by giving sufficient time on the geometry practice quiz on BYJU'S Exam Prep and solving all the geometry practice sets online.
Geometry FAQs for Defence Exams
1. How is geometry useful?
Geometry is used in measuring and configuring different shapes’ and sizes’ objects for our use. They can include a circle, cube, square, rectangle, parallelogram, and more.
2. What is the application of geometry in our daily lives?
Geometry is widely used in construction, architecture, and planning works, along with its use in our daily life. It is used in graphics, gaming applications, software mapping, and navigation, building various roads, dams, projects, and many more.
3. Why is geometry important?
Geometry tells us the fundamental laws of size and shapes around us. It helps us in building various applications and projects that help us.
4. What does geometry mean?
Geometry is the study of shape, size, angle, and other properties of materials and space.
5. Where can you find the geometry quiz for defence exams along with geometry practice problems pdf?
You can find the geometry online test for defense exams on the BYJU'S Exam Prep portal by signing in to your BYJU'S Exam Prep account. They provide geometry problems with solutions that can help you in practice.