1. PM Modi laid foundation of Defence Industrial Corridor project in Jhansi
- PM Narendra Modi has laid foundation stone of Rs 400 crores worth Uttar Pradesh Defence Industrial Corridor project in Jhansi.
- It was launched on the concluding three-day 'Rashtra Raksha Samarpan Parv', organized by Ministry of Defence (MoD) along with Uttar Pradesh govt
- UP Defence Industrial Corridor has nodes at Agra, Aligarh, Jhansi, Chitrakoot, Lucknow and Kanpur.
- A plant for propulsion system for Anti-Tank Guided Missiles has also being set-up.
Honours & Awards
2. Prakash Padukone to be presented Lifetime Achievement Award
- Badminton legend of India, Prakash Padukone has been selected for the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award for 2021 by Badminton World Federation (BWF) Council.
- He has already been honored with Badminton Association of India’s (BAI) Lifetime Achievement Award in 2018.
- He is the first-ever Indian to win medal at World Championships in 1983 Copenhagen tournament.
- Apart from him, Devender Singh has been nominated for the Meritorious Service Award
3. World Children’s Day: 20th November
- Universal/World Children’s Day is observed every year on 20th November to promote international togetherness, awareness among children worldwide, and improving children’s welfare.
- Theme 2021: A Better Future for Every Child.
- This day also marks the anniversary of adoption of Declaration (1959) and Convention (1989) of the Rights of the Child.
- 2021 marks the 32nd anniversary of the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Banking & Finance
4. Paytm Money launches AI-powered ‘Voice Trading’ facility
- Paytm Money has launched Voice Trading to facilitate users with the information regarding stocks and set a trade via single voice command
- It will enable the user to buy and sell securities by speaking out the command.
- It has been introduced in line with Paytm Money’s attempts to extend next-gen and AI driven tech to improve user experience
- It is presently being rolled out in beta version to selected users and will be accessible to all users over the next weeks.
National & International Appointments
5. Salman Khan appointed as Covid vaccination ambassador of Maharashtra
- Veteran Bollywood actor Salman Khan has been appointed as the Covid vaccination ambassador by Maharashtra Government for campaigning and appealing to people to take both the jabs of the COVID vaccine, especially in Muslim-dominated areas.
- The decision to onboard Salman Khan comes after observing hesitancy among people in Muslim majority areas for the vaccine.
- Salman Khan will persuade people to get vaccinated as an ambassador for better vaccination counts in the state
Honours & Awards
6. Telangana’s Pochampally village named among Best Tourism Villages
- Pochampally village, Telangana has been selected for ‘Best Tourism Villages’ award by United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)
- Pochampally village of Nalgonda district is also referred to as the silk city of India for its exquisite sarees woven through unique style called ‘Ikat’, that received GI in 2004
- Best Tourism Villages by UNWTO is a pilot initiative to award outstanding rural destinations that showcase good practices in specified nine evaluation areas.
7. Uttar Pradesh’s first Anti-Air Pollution Tower inaugurated in Noida
- Union Minister of Heavy Industries Mahendra Nath Pandey has inaugurated first air pollution control tower (APCT) of Uttar Pradesh in Noida.
- APCT prototype has been developed by state-run Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (Bhel), between the DND flyway and the slip road to Noida Expressway.
- This indigenously developed APCT will help to mitigate the rising air pollution problem in the city.
Arts & Culture
8. 52nd International Film Festival of India begins in Goa
- The 52nd edition of International Film Festival of India (IFFI) is all set to kick off today with a glittering opening ceremony, hosted by filmmaker Karan Johar and actor Manish Paul
- Young cinematic personalities from across India will be participating in '75 creative minds of tomorrow' competition
- Martin Scorsese, Istevan Szabo will be honoured with Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement Award
- 55 films across the world will be showcased under World Panorama Section
Summits & Conferences
9. PM Modi inaugurate 'InFinity Forum' on 3rd December
- PM Narendra Modi will inaugurate 2-day thought leadership Forum on FinTech 'InFinity Forum' on 3rd December.
- The event is being hosted by International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) in collaboration with GIFT City and Bloomberg in virtual mode.
- Partner countries: Indonesia, South Africa and UK.
- InFinity Forum is a leadership event where problems, ideas, innovative technologies from across the world gets discovered, discussed and developed into solutions
10. Narayan Rane launches Special Credit Linked Capital Subsidy Scheme
- Union Minister for MSME, Narayan Rane has launched Special Credit Linked Capital Subsidy Scheme (SCLCSS) for services sector at Guwahati.
- SCLCSS will help in meeting the technology related requirements of enterprises in the services sector
- It has a provision of 25% capital subsidy for procurement of Plant & Machinery and service equipment’s through institutional credit to the SC-ST MSEs without any sector specific restrictions on technology upgradation
11. SIDBI collaborated with Google for financial assistance to MSMEs
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has collaborated with Google to launch $15 million financial assistance program for micro-enterprises.
- It is one-of-a-kind programme by SIDBI as a crisis response related to Covid-19 to reinvigorate MSME sector
- Total corpus: $15 million or Rs 110 crore
- Target Group: Micro Enterprises with turnover up to Rs 5 crore
- Loan size: Rs 25 lakh to Rs 1 crore
- It is completely paperless from onboarding to the disbursal stage.