1. Australia won their maiden T20 World Cup title by eight wickets
- Australia has won 2021 T20 World Cup, after defeating New Zealand by eight wickets that was held on November 14, 2021 at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, UAE.
- This is the 1st T20 World Cup title won by Australia.
- New Zealand had put up the target of 172/4 in their 20 overs match which Australia chased down in 18.5 overs with loss of only two wickets.
- Player of the Match: Mitchell Marsh (Australia).
- Player of the Tournament: David Warner (Australia).
2. India successfully launches 41st Scientific Expedition to Antarctica
- India has successfully launched 41st Scientific Expedition to Antarctica with the arrival of 1st batch of its contingent.
- First batch comprising 23 scientists and support staff reached Indian Antarctic station Maitri
- 41st expedition has 2 programs: Geological exploration of the Amery ice shelf at Bharati station and reconnaissance surveys-preparatory work for drilling of 500 meters of ice core near Maitri
- Indian Antarctic program began in 1981.
3. India, Singapore, Thailand Trilateral Maritime Exercise SITMEX 21 held
- Third edition of Trilateral Maritime Exercise named as ‘SITMEX – 21’ is being held from 15 to 16 November 2021 in the Andaman Sea.
- SITMEX exercise will be held by the Navies of India, Singapore, and Thailand.
- From India, Indian Naval Ship Karmuk is participating, which is an indigenously built Missile Corvette.
- It is being hosted by Royal Thai Navy (RTN) to enhance the cooperation between the participating navies towards augmenting the overall maritime security
Honours & Awards
4. Indian Teenage brothers wins 2021 International Children’s Peace Prize
- Two Delhi-based teenage brothers Vihaan (17) and Nav Agarwal (14) have won 17th annual Kids Rights International Children’s Peace Prize for tackling pollution in their home city by recycling household waste.
- The duo received the award by Indian Nobel Peace Prize laureate Kailash Satyarthi.
- Vihaan and Nav have developed One Step Greener initiative for segregating rubbish and organizing waste pickups for trash from thousands of homes, schools and offices.
Banking & Finance
5. BharatPe to launch Merchant Shareholding Program
- BharatPe has launched $100 million worth World’s 1st Merchant Shareholding Program (MSP) for its merchant partners.
- Under the program, the company offers its merchant customers an opportunity to buy BharatPe’s equity shares and become a partner.
- The company plans a public listing by 2024 and targets a public listing value of $1 billion.
- Merchant payments and financial services company will roll out the incentive to its more than 7.5 million existing merchant partners.
6. PM launches key initiatives for welfare of Janjatiya community
- PM Modi has launched multiple key initiatives for the welfare of Janjatiya community at Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas Mahasammelan
- He also launched ‘Ration Aapke Gram’ scheme and Sickle Cell Mission in Madhya Pradesh.
- The mission has been developed to screen and manage patients suffering from sickle cell anaemia, Thalassemia and other Hemoglobinopathies and to increase public awareness about these diseases.
7. Union Minister launches LINAC-NCDC Fisheries Business Incubation Centre
- Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Parshottam Rupala has launched ‘LINAC-NCDC Fisheries Business Incubation Centre (LIFIC)’ at LINAC-NCDC, Gurugram, Haryana
- It will help boost development of the fisheries business in the country
- LIFIC is being started by the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) under the flagship scheme Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) of Dept of Fisheries
8. Piyush Goyal virtually inaugurates divisional office at Hubballi, Karnataka
- Piyush Goyal has virtually inaugurated FCI Divisional Office Hubballi in Karnataka and Food Security Museum at Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu along with a Photo Exhibition.
- Food Security Museum:
- It showcases India’s Agri evolution from dependency to self-sufficiency.
- It is the first museum in India to depict India’s food security story from ‘ship to mouth’ existence.
- Its theme is based on Mesolothic era and encompasses some key information
9. National Press Day: 16th November
- National Press Day is observed every year on 16th November to acknowledge and honor the Press Council of India, a statutory and quasi-judicial establishment.
- November 16 is chosen as on this day, Press Council of India (PCI) was established in 1966 by the Press Commission
- PCI: It is a statutory, adjudicating organisation in India formed in 1966 that operates under the Press Council Act of 1978 to monitor the quality of reportage provided by the Indian press.
10. International Day of Tolerance: 16th November
- International Day for Tolerance is observed every year on 16th November by creating public awareness on the dangers of intolerance.
- This day was declared by UNESCO in 1995, on its fiftieth anniversary, to generate public awareness of the dangers of intolerance.
- As a part of this initiative, UNESCO introduced an UNESCO-Madanjeet Singh Prize to honour individuals who facilitated promotion of the spirit of tolerance or non-violence through their behavior, and work.
11. PM launches various Railway projects in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- PM Narendra Modi has dedicated to the Nation various Railway projects and redeveloped Rani Kamalapati Railway Station in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- It includes Gauge Converted and Electrified Ujjain-Fatehabad Chandrawatiganj Broad Gauge section, Third line in Bhopal-Barkhera section, Gauge Converted and Electrified Mathela-Nimar Kheri Broad Gauge section and Electrified Guna-Gwalior section.
- PM also flagged off two new MEMU trains between Ujjain-Indore and Indore-Ujjain.
12. Raksha Mantri unveils plaque to rename Institute for Defence Studies
- Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh has unveiled a plaque at Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses in New Delhi to rename the institute as Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (MP-IDSA), following the unanimous decision by general body earlier this year
- Raksha Mantri also inaugurated 100 KW Grid connected rooftop solar power plant under Ministry of New and Renewable Energy’s scheme for promoting solar roof-top plants on government buildings.