1. Anurag Thakur launches first Khelo India Women’s U-21 Hockey League
- Union Minister Anurag Thakur has launched first edition of Khelo India Women’s Hockey League U-21 at Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium in New Delhi
- The league will have the participation of 14 teams across different States from 15th to 21st December
- Total of 42 matches will be played during the first phase, while the second and third phase will be held early next year
- It holds a cash prize of Rs 30 lakh for the winners, 15 lakh from MYAS and 15 lakh from Hockey India.
Honours & Awards
2. Sunil Gavaskar conferred with SJFI Medal
- Sunil Gavaskar will be conferred with prestigious Sports Journalists’ Federation of India (SJFI) Medal
- Other SJFI award winner:
- Sportsman of the Year: Neeraj Chopra
- Sportswoman of the Year: Mirabai Chanu
- SJFI Team of the Year: Indian men’s team that won hockey bronze in Tokyo (first hockey medal in 40 years)
- Parathlete of the Year in men’s category: Sumit Antil and Pramod Bhagat
- Parathlete of the Year woman: Avani Lekhra
- Special Recognition: Olympic Gold Quest (OGQ)
Arts & Culture
3. UNESCO adds Durga Puja to List of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- Durga Puja in Kolkata has been inscribed on the Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity during 16th UNESCO session, held in Paris, France
- UNESCO Intergovernmental Committee commended Durga Puja for its initiatives to involve marginalized groups, individuals, women in safeguarding element
- Durga Puja is a celebration of the feminine divinity and is a consummate expression of dance, music, crafts, rituals, practices culinary and cultural aspects.
Banking & Finance
4. CBDT notifies e-Verification Scheme, 2021 with effect from Dec 2021
- CBDT has notified e-Verification Scheme, 2021 to verify the mismatch of the information uploaded to the taxpayer’s registered account.
- It will be effective from 13 December 2021.
- Scheme will collect information under sections 133, 133B, 133C, will inspect registers of companies under section 134
- As per the Scheme, where the mismatch between amount accepted and amount persists, information after initial e-verification shall be run through risk management strategy
5. India’s first Green Hydrogen Microgrid Projects to be set up at Simhadri
- India’s first and world’s largest Green Hydrogen based Energy Storage Project is to be set up at Simhadri (near Visakhapatnam).
- NTPC has awarded project of Standalone Fuel-Cell based Micro-grid with hydrogen production using electrolyser for the same
- It would be a precursor to large scale hydrogen energy storage projects and will be useful for studying and deploying multiple microgrids in various off grid and strategic locations of the country.
Banking & Finance
6. Paytm launches EdTech platform called ‘Wealth Academy’
- Paytm has launched EdTech platform called ‘Wealth Academy’ to give training to traders and investors across the country.
- This tutorial platform will offer programs and webinars on buying and selling and monetary ideas.
- Courses offered:
- DIY-Create your own portfolio for inexperienced people
- Introduction to Derivatives
- Option Greeks
- Directional Options Strategies
- At the end of the course, customers will have to take a complete evaluation.
7. Defence Minister to inaugurate GIS based automated Water Supply Module
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will inaugurate GIS based automated Water Supply Module for providing water connections in Cantonment areas across the country on the occasion of Defence Estates Day (December 16)
- It will be the 1st such service by any civic body in the country.
- It based on the latest technology of Geographic Information System Mapping and will significantly reduce the duration for providing water connection in the cantonment areas.
8. Union Cabinet approves implementation of PMKSY for 2021-26.
- Union Cabinet has approved implementation of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) for 2021-26.
- PMKSY scheme will benefit about 22 lakh farmers, including 2.5 lakh SC and two lakh ST farmers.
- Total Outlay: Rs 93,068 rupees, out of which Rs 37,454 crores will be central assistance to States.
- PMKSY: It was launched in 2015 to ensure access to some means of protective irrigation to all agricultural farms in the country.
Summits & Conferences
9. India hosted the 8th Edition of Indian Ocean Dialogue virtually
- India hosted 8th Edition of the Indian Ocean Dialogue virtually with four Plenary Sessions with focus on Health, Education, Development and Trade sectors.
- Theme: ‘Post Pandemic Indian Ocean: Leveraging Digital Technologies for Health, Education, Development and Trade in IORA Member States’
- It has been launched with the assistance of the Indian Council for World Affairs and the Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Secretariat.
- It was held for the first time in 2013.
Banking & Finance
10. SEBI constitutes ‘ALeRTS’ committee for early detection of market anomalies
- SEBI has constituted ‘Advisory Committee for Leveraging Regulatory and Technology Solutions (ALeRTS)’ to enhance technological capabilities and explore appropriate technology solutions for early detection of market anomalies
- Head: Madhabi Puri Buch (Ex-Whole Time Member of SEBI)
- It will recommend future roadmaps and improvements in the various ongoing technology projects.
- It will also guide SEBI in designing and framing requirements for the different in-house systems
11. Cabinet approves incentive scheme for promotion of RuPay Debit Cards
- Union Cabinet has approved an incentive scheme to promote RuPay Debit cards and low-value [uto Rs. 2,000) BHIM-UPI transactions (Person-to-Merchant (P2M)] in the country
- Financial outlay for one year: Rs.1,300 crore
- With this, Digital Modes of Payment will become accessible to unbanked and marginalized populations outside the formal banking-financial system
- It will facilitate acquiring Banks in building robust digital payment ecosystem across all sectors and segments
12. MCA signs MoU with Financial Intelligence Unit-India for data exchange
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has signed MoU with Financial Intelligence Unit-India for data exchange between the two organizations
- Data sharing arrangement gains significance due to MCA21 Version 3 and FINNET 2.0 that will utilize state of the art technology for improving their regulatory and facilitating functions
- FINnet 2.0 project: It is of national importance and assists FIU-IND by leveraging technology to collect, analyze, disseminate financial information
13. PFC signs agreement for deployment of 350 electric buses
- PFC has signed an agreement with GreenCell Mobility (e-mobility platform supported by Govt of India and UK) to lend Rs 275 crore for deployment of 350 electric buses across nine cities of UP including Agra, Meerut, Aligarh, Bareilly, Ghaziabad & Mathura
- It will boost adoption of electric vehicles in the country.
- Electric buses offer sustainable mobility solutions by tackling challenges of poor air quality and also reducing carbon footprints of the nation.