Trees are used for data storage purposes and have nodes at their edges. Going by the trees book, you must know the basic types of operation performed on the tree having two or more children nodes. Operations such as insert, search, postorder traversal, inorder traversal and preorder traversal can be performed on binary trees. You can also traverse between any given nodes and change your levels. Initially, we start with the binary trees having two nodes, then branch off on multi-node trees.
Trees GATE questions come in many exams, including CAT, GATE CS, PDU CS, SDE interviews and more. Trees online tests also form a part of various state and national level exams.
Important Trees Topics for GATE CS
The tree is a broad topic and has a considerable syllabus. The major topics for trees study material for GATE CS are given below:
Binary trees are the basic form of trees with two children nodes on the right and left side.
BST Basic Operations
BST is the basic operations that we can perform on any given binary tree. It includes search, insert, traversal and more.
The node that doesn't have the child node is called a leaf.
Tips to Solve Trees Questions for GATE
The following are some tips that you can follow while solving tree questions. Prepare for the topic by solving last year question papers well.
- Trees GATE questions and answers PDF are based on the tree concepts that are used to store data. Hence you should focus on the data structure and algorithms part for trees topics.
- Prepare excellent trees notes for the GATE that contains all the details of the syntactic analysis. Those trees GATE notes will help you in revisions.
- Practice on trees online quiz from online sites. These online tests help you in preparation for the real exam.
- Be clear with the trees topics for GATE CS as many repetitive topics such as BST operations and basic terminologies such as the leaf, child, traversing, levels, keys and more.
Importance of Trees in GATE Exam
Here's why the tree is an integral part of the GATE and other competitive exams.
- It checks whether you can store data in an organized manner that can be called easily. It also checks your grasp on the trees GATE syllabus.
- The weightage of this topic is 2% to 5% in the exam.
- GATE requires you to acquire the basic knowledge of data structure and algorithms. It helps the processing of any programming languages through the compilers.
- These concepts are used in real-life situations as a software engineer solving various algorithm processes.
Most Recommended Books for Trees for GATE
The following are some excellent books of Trees for computer science that can help you prepare for the Trees syllabus for GATE.
Classic Data Structures
Data Structures and Algorithms Made Easy
Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in Java 3rd Edition
Mark A. Weiss
Why Prepare Trees from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
Gradeup is an online source of knowledge that covers excellent quality tutorials and questions regarding the topic. You can get all the preparatory materials like trees quiz, trees MCQ PDF, trees MCQ questions, and more from BYJU'S Exam Prep website. These preparatory materials are a valuable source to test your exam preparation levels and boost your main exam performance. To prepare well for the exams, our experienced educators have designed trees notes for GATE CS and trees notes for GATE PDF for students that help you in the revision.
Q. What do you understand by trees?
The tree is an organised data storage place where we can perform different operations to retrieve and modify the stored data.
Q. What is the importance of trees?
Trees provide a hierarchical data structure organised, hence improving search time and loading speed.
Q.Which other exams, trees are asked other than GATE?
The tree is an essential topic and is asked in other exams such as PSU CS, CAT, SDE roles, etc. It helps in the understanding of compilers' work.
Q. How many types of operations can be performed on the binary tree?
We can perform different operations such as insert, search, postorder traversal, inorder traversal and preorder traversal.
Q.What is the INSERT operation used for?
INSERT element adds data in relevant nodes. The first insertion creates the tree with the mother node. With subsequent insertion, you go on creating child nodes.