Layering is a process that is used to simplify network communication and help the host and server interact with each other quickly. It is an important part of the OSI model made to simplify the transmission process by separating communication into pieces that can be sent easily and securely. Going by the concept of layering book, you should know the different processes of layering and their benefits.
The concept of layering for GATE CS questions come in many exams, including CAT, GATE CS, PDU CS, SDE interviews and more. The concept of layering online tests also forms a part of various state and national level exams.
Important the concept of layering Topics in GATE CS
OSI network model is a broad topic and has a vast syllabus. The major topics for the concept of layering study material for GATE CS are given below. Since layering is a concept, we will define some of its benefits.
Layering helps achieve higher interoperability as devices from different manufacturers can be used if they are similar models.
It provides greater compatibility between the devices, networks and systems.
It improves the flexibility of the device choosing part. You can have multiple options to perform the same role due to compatibility.
Tips to Solve concept of layering Questions in GATE
The following are some tips that you can follow while solving The concept of layering questions. Prepare for the topic by solving last year question papers well.
- The concept of layering GATE questions and answers PDF is based on breaking down computer communication tasks into small, easy fragments. Hence you should focus on the network and communication for programming topics.
- Prepare excellent the concept of layering notes for the GATE that contains all the details of the networks. The concept of layering GATE notes will help you in revisions.
- Practice on the concept of layering online quiz from online sites. These online tests help you in preparation for the real exam.
- Be clear with the concept of layering topics for GATE CS as many repetitive topics such as several overall fragments, service access points and more.
Importance of The concept of layering in GATE Exams
Here's why the tree is an integral part of the GATE and other competitive exams.
- It checks whether you can divide a huge communication model into small parts and effectively communicate. It also checks your grasp on the concept of layering GATE syllabus.
- The weightage of this topic is 2% to 5% in the exam.
- GATE CS requires you to acquire the basic knowledge of network and communication. It helps to maintain the accuracy of any shared media medium.
- These concepts are used in real-life situations as software engineers/ network analysts to solve various network and sharing issues.
Most Recommended Books for The concept of layering
The following are some excellent books of the concept of layering for computer science that can help you prepare for the concept of layering syllabus for GATE.
Kurose James F., Ross Keith W.
Data Communication & Networking
Tata McGraw Hill
Andrew S. Tanenbaum
Why Prepare the concept of layering from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
Byjus Examprep is an online source of knowledge that covers excellent quality tutorials and questions regarding the topic. You can get all the preparatory materials like the concept of layering quiz, the concept of layering MCQ PDF, the concept of layering MCQ questions, and more from BYJU'S Exam Prep website. These preparatory materials are a valuable source to test your exam preparation levels and boost your main exam performance. To prepare well for the exams, our experienced educators have designed the concept of layering notes for CS and the concept of layering notes for GATE PDF for students that help you in the revision.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What is layering?
Layering is the process of interconnecting two different levels smoothly, which makes communication quick and smooth. It is used in the OSI model of communication.
Q. What is the importance of layering?
In the OSI model, network communication is broken down in packets and sent independently. Layering is a process that connects the different levels of communication and helps the host assemble the packets.
Q. Can different manufacturer's devices be used for building the OSI network?
Yes, layering allows you to use different manufacturers' devices to build the network configuration until they are compatible.
Q. What are some disadvantages of layering?
The only disadvantage to layering is that imparting additional layers in the communication may cause some instability.
Q. Who invented the OSI model of communication?
International Organization for Standardization (ISO) created the OSI model for effective communication.