Stacks and queues are a data structure that is used to store data and are higher-level data structures. They sit over the lower-level data structure such as arrays and hence have limited operational capabilities. Going by the Stacks and queues book, you must know the basic types of operation performed on the given stacks and queues. These high-level data structures are limited for operations. They are perfect for sharing and getting the right operations done accurately.
Stacks and queues GATE questions come in many exams, including CAT, GATE CS, PDU CS, SDE interviews and more. Stacks and queues online tests also form a part of various state and national level exams.
Important Stacks and Queues Topics for GATE CS
The data structure is a broad topic and has a considerable syllabus. The major topics for stacks and queues study material for GATE CS are given below.
There are two basic operations that we can perform on stacks data structure, namely the Push and Pop.
Three basic queue operations can be performed on queues, namely the Enqueue, Dequeue and Peeking.
After implementing the stack and queue, we carry out the complexity analysis to analyse that data structure.
Tips to Solve Stacks and queues Questions in GATE Exam
The following are some tips that you can follow while solving stacks and queues questions. Prepare for the topic by solving last year question papers well.
- Stacks and queues GATE CS questions and answers PDF are based on the types of data structure with limited operations ability. Hence you should focus on the data structure and algorithms part for stacks and queues topics.
- Prepare excellent stacks and queues notes for the GATE that contains all the details of the syntactic analysis. Those stacks and queues GATE notes will help you in revisions.
- Practice on stacks and queues online quiz from online sites. These online tests help you in preparation for the real exam.
- Be well versed with the stacks and queues topics for GATE CS as many repetitive topics such as stack and queues operations and complexity analysis.
Importance of Stacks and queues in GATE Exam
Here's why the tree is an integral part of the GATE and other competitive exams.
- It checks whether you can store data in a limited operations data structure that can be called easily. It also checks your grasp on the stacks and queues GATE syllabus.
- The weightage of this topic is 2% to 5% in the exam.
- GATE requires you to acquire the basic knowledge of data structure and algorithms. It helps to maintain the accuracy of any core program.
- These concepts are used in real-life situations as a software engineer solving various algorithm processes.
Most Recommended Books for Stacks and Queues
The following are some excellent books of Stacks and queues for computer science that can help you prepare for the Stacks and queues syllabus for GATE:
Classic Data Structures
Data Structures and Algorithms Made Easy
Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in Java 3rd Edition
Mark A. Weiss
Why Prepare Stacks and Queues from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
Gradeup is an online source of knowledge that covers excellent quality tutorials and questions regarding the topic. You can get all the preparatory materials like stacks and queues quiz, stacks and queues MCQ PDF, stacks and queues MCQ questions, and more from BYJU'S Exam Prep website. These preparatory materials are a valuable source to test your exam preparation levels and boost your main exam performance. To prepare well for the exams, our experienced educators have designed stacks and queues notes for CS and stacks and queues notes for GATE PDF for students that help you in the revision.
Q. How do you understand by stacks?
Stacks are a one-ended linear data structure that has two limited operations, namely Push and Pop.
Q. What are some applications of stacks?
Stacks can be used for expression evaluation, implement function calls and do a depth-first search.
Q.Which other exams, stacks and queues are asked other than GATE?
The tree is an essential topic and is asked in other exams such as PSU CS, CAT, SDE roles, etc. It helps in the understanding of compilers' work.
Q. How many types of operations can be performed on the queues?
We can perform three operations on queues, namely the Enqueue, Dequeue and Peeking.
Q. What is the PEEKING operation used for?
PEEKING operation is used to look at the front values without the need to remove that data value