Basics of Wi-Fi is an interesting topic for computer science specialization students appearing for the GATE exam. These questions are intended to test the knowledge of the candidates on various aspects of Wi-Fi systems. Though this topic is fairly easy, you can expect some tricky Basics of Wi-Fi quiz questions in the GATE exam, which may be difficult if you have not practiced enough from online sources like BYJU'S Exam Prep and by referring to different Basics of Wi-Fi books.
There will be a few Basics of Wi-Fi MCQ questions in other GATE equivalent exams such as the Postgraduate Entrance Examination as well as other competitive exams. Here are some tips to help you study different topics under the Basics of Wi-Fi for GATE.
Important Basics of Wi-Fi topics for GATE CS
You will come across the following important sub-topics while going through the Basics of Wi-Fi books:
Here you will learn about various Wi-Fi IEEE standards:802.11,802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g
Wi-Fi transmission types
Here you will learn about DCF - Distributed Coordination Function; and PCF - Point Coordination Function.
Problems in wired networks
Here you will learn about the hidden substation problem and high error rate
Here you will learn what a topology is, the various types of topologies, and learn the concept of bridging.
Tips to solving Basics of Wi-Fi questions for GATE
- Stick to the GATE Syllabus while preparing the Basics of Wi-Fi GATE notes. This will save you a lot of time and help you learn the fundamentals by referring to various sources.
- Since it is impossible to go through the whole chapter or the book before the exam, it is essential to make the Basics of Wi-Fi notes for CS. Alternatively, online educational sites like BYJU'S Exam Prep where Basics of Wi-Fi notes for GATE pdf are available for download can help when you do not have enough time.
- It is recommended that you download Basics of Wi-Fi GATE questions and answers pdf and practice them regularly. This will gradually enhance your speed, and thus you will be able to attempt maximum questions in the given duration on exam day.
- Basics of Wi-Fi online tests available on platforms like BYJU'S Exam Prep familiarize you with the latest exam pattern expected in the upcoming exam. So when you take tests online, you will encounter questions of different difficulty levels, and you can focus on your weaker areas
Importance of learning the Basics of Wi-Fi for GATE
- You can expect a few questions of approximately 5-10 marks from this topic in GATE or equivalent exams, so it is important to cover every topic in the Basics of Wi-Fi GATE syllabus.
- Wireless systems, especially Wi-Fi systems learnt in computer science engineering are used almost everywhere today. This makes it important to understand the Basics of Wi-Fi.
- Since scoring well in this topic is easy, you can increase your GATE score if the fundamentals are clear. Also, if you are conversant with this topic, you will be able to understand practical situations in real life related to Wi-Fi systems.
- A good score in the topic indicates a student's eligibility to pursue higher studies in the same specialization.
Recommended books for Basics of Wi-Fi for computer science:
Some books that you can help you learn the basics and prepare you for the Basics of Wi-Fi online quiz are:
Andrew S. Tanenbaum
Data Communications and Networking
Behrouz A. Forouzan
Computer Networking: A Top-down Approach
Why prepare Basics of Wi-Fi from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep is a useful website that effectively helps students preparing for GATE and other competitive exams. It has comprehensive Basics of Wi-Fi notes for GATE CS. This can help you grasp the fundamentals. There are mentors to guide the aspirants in case of doubts. Practice sets are made available online for you to check your preparation levels. You can even join discussions with peers on the forum to discuss the difficult concepts and then approach the mentor for better results.
Q. How can I attend maximum questions of Basics of Wi-Fi in the GATE exam?
While preparing for the topic at home, download the Basics of Wi-Fi MCQ pdf, and set a timer to stay alert while solving them. Initially, it may take some time, but gradually, you will learn to manage your time and attempt more questions. This applies to other subjects as well.
Q. Is it essential to refer to online sources while preparing for GATE?
Yes, online sources can acquaint you with the latest exam patterns as this information is usually not available in books. You can refer to the books to learn the fundamentals in detail, and refer to online sources for practice questions, tips, and tricks.
Q. How many practice sets have to be completed before the main exam?
This varies from person to person. Make sure to do as many as you can to attempt maximum questions from the chapter confidently.
Q. Is it easy to score in the questions from the Basics of Wi-Fi?
Yes, this is one of the easiest topics for Computer Science aspirants taking the GATE exam. All they need to do is learn the basics well to score.
Q. Can I start preparing for the Basics of Wi-Fi topic a month before the exam?
It is recommended to reserve the last few months before the exam for revision and practice. So it is better to start preparing for it much before, along with other subjects, to make sure that you do not miss studying important topics.