UPSC CAPF(AC) is one of the ways to join the Armed Police Forces of India as an officer. The exam is divided into four phases, including written, physical, medical and interview. The written exam is also divided into two Paper, Paper 1:General Ability and Intelligence (objective) and Paper 2:General Studies, Essay and Comprehension(Subjective).
In this article, we will discuss the Argument Part of Paper 2.There are two arguments asked in Paper 2 of CAPF(AC), each of 20 marks. In this section, you are typically asked to write on an issue or topic in both favour and against. Argument writing requires clear, logical thinking and the know-how to appeal to readers' needs.
It is one of the easiest parts to fetch maximum marks. The questions generally range from current affairs to social issues.
Want to Join Para(SF), Click here!
Tips to Write an Argument :
- Write your argument within the given word limits, or it could lead to marks deduction.
- Brainstorm and make a rough draft of your argument
- Cover multiple dimensions from many perspectives like social effect, economic effect, political effect, environmental and so on
- Write your argument in short points. You will have quite less time to complete the entire paper.
- Every point should be written in simple language.
- Arguments should have direct linkages to the topic, avoid vague arguments.
Example of Argument from UPSC CAPF(AC) 2019 Exam :
Write arguments for and against the following statements: Homework should be banned at the primary level education.
- The burden to complete the homework every night is quite exhaustive for most children, and they need time to refresh their mind and body.
- Homework reduces the amount of quality time with family. Family time is especially vital to a growing child, and without it, social problems can crop up, and a family unit can be compromised by a lack of time being spent together.
- Homework can take away time or can completely eliminate time for leisure activities, other commitments, or hobbies.
- Excessive homework can encourage cheating among students because they end up copying off one another in an attempt to finish all their homework, which doesn't benefit them in the long term.
- A lot of teachers lack time to grade papers accurately as they are too busy with designing lesson plans and consulting teaching resources in order to manage lessons.
- Homework strengthens the relationship between students and teachers. Students can discuss their assignments or any problems with their teachers and resolve them efficiently.
- Homework can bring families closer together as students may ask their parents or siblings for help on their homework. Not only homework helps the student to increase his/her knowledge by taking the help of family members, but it will also allow parents to get more involved in their child's educational life.
- It allows guardians to see how their children are being educated so they can track their progress and help them.
- It prepares the child for the class tests. If a child's performance is not good on an assignment, then he/she can rectify his/her mistakes, necessary to do well on the next test to fetch more marks.
- Homework is also a great tool to develop responsibilities. By being assigned homework one day and knowing that it has to be done by the next day, they will create a sense of punctuality by turning their work in on time.
विजय CAPF 2020: A Master Course
CAPF 2020, 120 Day Study Plan, Click here.
More from us:
Important Study Notes for Defence Exams
Defence Specific Notes
Weekly Current Affairs
Current Affairs Quiz
SSB Interview Tips
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App
Commentswrite a comment