Candidates must have a minimum educational qualification to apply for teaching jobs through NVS. The education requirements of the exam differ depending on the position for which candidates have applied. Candidates can also boost their chances of performing well in both PGT and TGT exams by using the NVS Exam Analysis, which is the most significant resource for analyzing the question paper and your performance. Both PGT and TGT candidates' NVS TGT eligibility criteria and NVS PGT eligibility criteria based on education are given separately. An applicant must have one of the following educational qualifications to fill out the application form and take the exam.
NVS Eligibility Criteria for PGT
The essential and desirable NVS eligibility criteria for PGT have been listed separately for candidates' convenience. PGT stands for Post Graduation Teacher and teaches classes 11th & 12th. The NVS eligibility criteria for PGT are as follows:
PGT Essential Qualification
(a) Two Year Integrated Post Graduate M.Sc./MA Course from Regional College of Education of NCERT in the concerned subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Master’s Degree from a recognized university with at least 50% marks in aggregate in the following subjects:
|Serial No.||Subject||Master's Degree in the Subject|
|3.||Physics||Physics/Applied Physics/Electronics Physics/ Nuclear Physics|
|6.||Economics||Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics|
|9.||Commerce||Commerce with Accounting/Cost Accounting/ Financial Accounting is a major subject of study. Holders of Degree of M.Com. in Applied/Business Economics shall not be eligible.|
|10.||Biology||Botany / Zoology / Life Sciences / Bio Sciences / Genetics / Micro Biology / Bio Technology / Molecular Bio / Plant Physiology provided that applicant had studied Botany and Zoology at Graduation level.|
At least 50% marks in aggregate in any of the following:
- BE or B.Tech (Computer Science/IT) from a recognized University/Institute. OR
- BE or B.Tech (any stream) and Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science from a recognized University/Institute. OR
- M.Sc (Computer Science/IT)/MCA from a recognized University. OR
- B.Sc (Computer Science)/BCA and Post Graduate Degree in any subject from a recognized University. OR
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science/IT and Post Graduate Degree in any subject from a recognized University / Institute. OR
- ‘B’ level from DOEACC/NIELT and Post Graduate Degree in any subject. OR
- ‘C’ level from DOEACC/NIELT Ministry of Information and Communication Technology and Graduation.
- Proficiency in teaching in Hindi/English.
- Desirable: B.Ed Degree
- Note: For subsequent promotion, the incumbent will have to acquire B.Ed. degree.
(b) B.Ed. or equivalent qualification from a recognized University for all the above PGT posts except Information & Technology.
(c) Proficiency in Teaching Hindi and English languages.
PGT Desirable Qualifications
(a) Experience as TGT in a recognized institution in the concerned subject.
(b) Experience of working in a residential school.
(c) Knowledge of Computer applications.
Also, check the NVS Salary 2022 for TGT, PGT, and Principal here.
NVS Eligibility Criteria for TGT
For the convenience of candidates, essential and desired NVS eligibility criteria for TGT have been mentioned individually. TGT stands for Trained Graduation Teacher and teaches students in grades 6 to 10. The following are the NVS eligibility criteria for TGT:
TGT Essential Qualification
- Four years integrated degree course of Regional College of Education of NCERT with at least 50% marks in the concerned subject as well as in the aggregate. Or
Bachelors Honours Degree with at least 50% marks in concerned subject/combination of subjects and also in aggregate. Candidate should have studied requisite subject(s) for at least 2 years in the 03 years degree course. OR
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university with at least 50% marks in the concerned subject/combination of subjects and also in aggregate. The candidate should have studied the requisite subjects in all three years of the degree course.
Note: Post-wise elective subjects and Languages in the combination of subjects are as under: :
a) For TGT (Hindi): Hindi as a subject in all three years of the Degree course.
b) For TGT (English): English as a subject in all three years of the Degree course.
c) For TGT (Maths):
(i) Bachelor's Degree in Maths along with Physics and any one of the following subjects: Chemistry, Electronics, Computer Science, Statistics.
(ii) In the case of such Universities which provide for only two subjects out of the six as mentioned above in the final year of graduation, the candidate should have studied Maths and Physics in the final year of examination and three subjects, viz, Maths, Physics and Chemistry / Electronics / Computer Science / Statistics in the first and second years of graduation.
(iii) Candidates who have passed B.Sc. degree with Honours in Maths subject would be considered eligible only if they have studied Physics and Chemistry / Electronics /
Computer Science / Statistics in the first and second year of the course. Candidates with B.Sc. (Hons.) in Physics or Chemistry are not eligible for the post of TGT (Maths).
d) For TGT (Science)- Botany, Zoology and Chemistry.
(i) The candidate should have studied Botany, Zoology and Chemistry during all three years of study in graduation.
(ii) In the case of such Universities which provide for only two subjects in the final year of graduation, the candidates should have studied any of the two subjects out of Botany, Zoology and Chemistry in the final year of examination and all the three subjects, viz. Botany, Zoology and Chemistry in the first and second years of graduation.
(iii) In the case of an Honours Degree in any of the above-mentioned three subjects, the candidate must have studied the other two subjects in the first and second year of the course.
- For TGT (Social Studies):
(i) The candidate should have studied any of the two subjects out of the following subject combination at graduation level:
(a) History with Geography/ Economics/ Political Science OR
(b) Geography with History/ Economics/ Political Science (in other words candidates should have studied any two subjects of History, Geography, and Economics and Political Science, in which one must be either History or Geography)
(ii) History/Geography as above should have been studied for all three years of Graduation.
(iii) In the case of Honours Degree in History the candidate should have studied Geography/Economics/Political Science in 1st and 2nd years. Similarly, in the case of an Honours degree in Geography, the candidate should have studied History/Economics/Political Science in 1st and 2nd year. Candidates with B.A.(Honours) in Economics or Political Science are not eligible for the post of TGT (S.St.)
(B) Passed the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) conducted by CBSE by the guidelines framed by the NCTE, for the purpose.
(C) B.Ed. Degree
(D) Competence to teach through English and Hindi / concerned Regional language as the case may be.
TGT Desirable Qualifications
(a) Experience of working in a residential school.
(b) Knowledge of Computer applications.
Also, check the detailed NVS Syllabus 2022 here.
NVS Eligibility Criteria for Miscellaneous Teachers
The following are the NVS eligibility criteria for Miscellaneous Teachers:
|Serial No.||Post||Essential Qualification||Desirable Qualification|
- Five years of study in a Music institution recognized by the concerned State Govt. as equivalent to Graduate/Post Graduate
- A Bachelors Degree in Music from a recognized university and B.Ed. OR
- Higher Secondary/Sr.Secondary with any one of the following :
1. Sangeet-Visharad Examination of Gandharva Mahavidyalaya Mandal, Bombay or Bhatkhande Sangeet Vidyalaypeeth, Lucknow or Indira Kala Sangeet Vishwa Vidyalaya, Khairagarh (MP) or Sangeet Prabhakar's examination of
the Prayag Sangeet Samiti, Allahabad. OR
2. Following Degree/Diploma awarded by Pracheen Kala Kendra, Chandigarh :
(a) Sangeet Bhaskar with Graduation in any discipline.
(b) Sangeet Nritya Bhushan with graduation in any discipline.
(c) Sangeet Bhushan or Sangeet Nritya Visharad with Sr.Secondary/ Intermediate/Part I examination of 3 years Degree Course.
(i) Working knowledge of English and Hindi or other regional languages.
(ii) Experience of working in a residential school.
- Five years Recognized Diploma in any discipline of Fine Arts as Drawing/Painting/Sculpture/Graphic Arts/Crafts after passing Secondary Examination (Class 10th or equivalent) OR
- Post Graduate Degree in Drawing and Painting, Fine Arts from a recognized University/Institution. OR
- Four Years of Diplomas in Fine Arts/Crafts from Vishwa Bharti Shanti Niketan OR
- B.Ed. Degree/Diploma in Fine Arts from Regional College of Education. (Degree of Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) after class XII will be considered equivalent to Five Years Diploma in Fine Arts after Class 10th).
|(I) B.Ed. or equivalent teaching degree fra om|
(II) Working knowledge of English and Hindi or other regional languages.
(III) Experience of Working in a residential School.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Education from a recognised institution. OR
- D.P.Ed. from a recognised University/Institution provided that the admission qualification for the diploma is at least a University's Degree.
|(I) Working knowledge of English and Hindi or other regional languages.|
(II) Experience of working in a residential school.
- University’s degree in Library Science from a recognised institution OR
- Graduation with One-year Diploma in Library Science from a recognised Institution
- Working knowledge of English and Hindi or other Regional Language
|(i) Experience of Working in a residential school.|
ii) Knowledge of Computer Operations.