Strategies to Crack CAT 2022 in First Attempt
- Start preparing early for CAT 2022: - Those who are planning to appear CAT 2022 and want to crack it in the first attempt, should start their preparation as early as possible. Early preparation can help the candidates as this exam needs a lot of practice as well as basics need to be cleared.
- Analyse the exam well: - It is very challenging to get the syllabus for CAT 2022 as the syllabus is vast. CAT 2022 aspirants need to cover a huge syllabus as there is no specific syllabus for the CAT 2022 exam. In order to get an idea about the syllabus, candidates should go through previous year question papers.
- Preparation with section wise strategies: - Section wise strategies will help in managing time of the candidates while preparation is on. There are generally 3 sections in the CAT exam which are VARC (Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension), DILR Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning) and QA (Quantitative Aptitude).
Preparation for VARC: - The question in VARC section is based on Vocabulary, Grammar, Reading Comprehension and Verbal Reasoning, to test the candidate’s grasp on English language and grammatical skills. To score well in this section the candidates need to build a habit of reading newspaper every day. Students should take help of grammar books and other competitive books as they will help in improving the practice and enhancing knowledge.
Preparation for DILR: - In DILR section the questions are based on pie chart, bar charts, line charts and mixed charts which are asked to check candidate’s analytical skills and logical reasoning skills. Basics should be cleared as well as regular practice will help to score high in this section.
Preparation for QA: - The questions in QA section are based on algebra, geometry, trigonometry and mensuration. To score well in this section students should improve their mental calculation speed. This can be only done by regular practice.
- Expert’s Guidance: - Students should seek for proper guidance from expert mentors or previous year toppers as it will help in filling up the gaps in their preparation strategies. Discussing the preparation strategies with experts and improving them will help the candidate a lot.
- Regular Practice: - Students willing to appear CAT 2022, should start giving 1 hour daily to practice each section. Gradually the time should be increased to 3 hours per section every day.
- Focus on Concepts and Strengthen the Fundamentals: - Students should understand the concepts properly while preparation as the questions asked in the exam are conceptual wise. Understanding the concept properly with strengthening the fundamentals will help to crack the CAT 2022 exam.
- Time Management: - Students should try to complete the CAT 2022 syllabus before 2 months of the main exam. In order to complete the syllabus before time, proper time management will be needed.
- Practice Mock Tests: - Practicing mocks before the prior exam is very essential for a candidate as it gives an idea about the questions asked in the CAT exam. Candidates need to give 3-4 mock tests in a week. This will help them in improving their sectional timing as well as help in identifying candidate’s strong and weak areas.
- To crack CAT 2022 exam, proper accuracy and time management is required which can be accrued by practicing as much as possible.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
If you are aiming to crack CAT then join BYJU'S Exam Prep Online Classroom Program where you get :
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card