We have shared with you, the successful strategy to crack RBI Grade B in the first attempt, itself. When an aspirant begins his preparation, he has so many doubts regarding whether to take coaching or where to begin. But before indulging in how to start, firstly let me allow to tell you about certain prerequisites for this exam.
Things to Keep in Mind for RBI Grade B 2023 Preparation
- This exam can be cracked in the first attempt itself. So, if you devised a strategy for 2-3 years you must embrace changes and build a new strategy.
- Mock tests are the most important part of the preparation, take them seriously.
- Remember this mantra that less is more. Do not get misguided by people who are always buying different sources for a single topic. Stick to your source, thoroughly.
- Be confident and believe in your strategy. Do planning for each step.
- Attempt your mocks in a disciplined environment like in the exam. Give your mock tests regularly and assess your performance.
- Make full use of online resources like the BYJU’S Exam Prep App and its website.
- Revision is key to cracking this exam.
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern
One of the largest exams conducted in the banking sector, the RBI exam pattern for the Grade B Officer post has not changed in the past few years. The recruitment of RBI Grade-B officers takes place in the following stages:
- RBI Grade B Phase 1 (Prelims) (Objective type)
- RBI Grade B Phase 2 (Mains)
RBI Grade B Phase 1 Exam Pattern
As per the RBI exam pattern, the RBI Grade B Prelims exam consists of four sections in total. It is objective. A detailed breakdown of the RBI exam pattern is given below:-
RBI Grade-B Prelims Exam Pattern
Name of Paper
No. of Questions
Number of Marks
RBI Grade B Phase 2 Exam Pattern
Let us now check the exam pattern for the next phase. In this, you've to score good marks to be able to achieve a rank in the exam.
RBI Grade B Mains Exam Pattern
Name of the Paper
Type of Paper
Number of Marks
Paper 1 Economic & Social Issues
Paper 2 English (Writing Skills)
Paper 3 Finance & Management
You can practice RBI Grade B Mock tests in the BYJU'S Exam Prep Bank Regulatory exam test series.
What are the benefits of self-study and how to build a disciplined schedule?
To build consistency, you must develop a routine. You can set monthly goals, weekly goals, and daily goals. Focus on completing daily tasks will help you in long term. The point to remember is to take one day at a time.
Now the question comes is what are the benefits of self-study:-
- It gives you freedom. Self-study allows the student to prepare for different subjects at their own pace.
- Self-study is fundamental to building clarity in mind regarding different subjects.
- Most coachings focus on finishing the syllabus within time, so in doing so they often miss many small things which might be asked in the exam. However, when a candidate is preparing on his own, he looks after every small detail.
- It saves a significant amount of time that is spent on commuting i.e. going to and coming from coaching. As time is the most important factor in an aspirant’s life, you must use it wisely.
- You can own study notes. Make use of online mediums like BYJU’S Exam Prep App.
- There are several faculty teaching on Youtube and other social media platforms providing free-of-cost video lectures. You can check for different topics there.
- Self-study will help you in understanding every single topic from a multi-dimensional perspective as compared to any coaching. It can help you in building a strong foundation of basic concepts which will help you in the longer run.
In order to save your time including fully utilizing the online high-quality available freely you can go through the following links for RBI Grade B 2023 preparation:
How to Build a Disciplined Study Plan?
- Pick up two different subjects on a day to avoid boredom.
- Allot alternate timings to the subjects to maintain consistency.
- Always go through the syllabus and solve previous years' papers.
- For relaxing purposes, listen to your favorite music and talk to your closest friends.
- Decide on what time, you want to wake up and when to sleep. This will help you in building a powerful routine.
Before the RBI Grade B Phase 1 Exam:
- Start with the preparation of General Awareness. Do not wait for the prelims result. Develop a habit of reading newspapers regularly.
- Prepare well Quantitative Aptitude, English, and Reasoning sections.
- Practice high-scoring topics like English words, quadratic equations, simplification, series questions, syllogism, direction-sense, alphanumeric series, reading comprehension, fill-in-the-blanks, etc. These are a few basic topics that you must practice vigorously because they will lead to higher scoring.
- Practice sectional tests regularly and analyze your preparation.
After the RBI Grade B Phase 1 Exam:
- Start with Paper 1 of Economics and Social Issues as it contains both objective and subjective based questions. This pattern is also similar to paper 3 of Finance and Management.
- Practice full-length mocks and assess your preparation level. Use online sources like Byjus Exam Prep.
- Prepare current affairs(CA) including banking-related CA of the past 6 months from the day of the exam.
After the RBI Grade B Phase 2:
- After your main exam gets over, start preparing for the interview round.
- Look at the interviews available on Youtube channels.
- Be aware of all the happenings around you, read newspapers, and prepare yourself with different questions.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the place of birth and local state information. Local folk dances and architecture.
- Try to develop your views, practice, and revise them in front of the mirror. Build your confidence and self-esteem.
This is all about the preparation strategy which can be done at home with the right guidance from the online classroom program which is being provided by our experts. All the best for the exam!
If you are aspiring to crack RBI Grade B Exam, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Click here to access Test Series
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
Commentswrite a comment