Government Schemes: Ministry of Tribal Affairs
|Objective||Points to Remember|
EKLAVYA MODEL RESIDENTIAL SCHOOL (EMRS)
- To provide high-quality middle and high-level education for Scheduled Tribe (ST) students in remote areas, to allow them to take advantage of reservations in high-level and professional education courses and as public and private jobs
- An EMRS to be set up by 2022 in every block with a population of more than 50 percent as ST and at least 20,000 tribal people.
- 12 Eklavya Model Day Boarding School (EMDBS) is also to be established.
- Ekalavya schools provide boarding and lodging facilities to tribal student
- EMDBS shall be defined wherever the ST population density is higher in the Sub-Districts / Blocks identified (90% or greater).
VANBANDHU KALYAN YOJANA
- Holistic development and welfare of the tribal population.
- Central Sector Scheme
- Beneficiary: All tribal citizens as well as all the areas with the tribal population.
- The focus of the Scheme: Raising the quality of life; improving the standard of education; Bridging Infrastructural Gaps etc.
VAN DHAN YOJANA
- Skills upgrading and capacity-building of tribals so as to promote enterprise and marketing skills in them.
- Around 3000 Van Dhan Kendras are proposed to be built in the Forested tribal districts in two years.
- TRIFED will help in establishing minor forest produce led multi-purpose Van Dhan Vikas Kendra.
Pradhan Mantri Jl-VAN yojana
- To provide financial assistance to Integrated Bio-ethanol Projects using lignocellulosic biomass and other such renewable feedstock.
- Creation of an ecosystem for setting up commercial projects and boost to R&D in 2G Ethanol sector.
- Ethanol produced under this scheme by the beneficiaries will be mandatorily supplied to Oil Marketing Companies.
- Implementation Agency: Centre for High Technology (CHT), a technical body under MoP&NG.
- A joint initiative of Ministry of Food Processing Industry, Ministry of Tribal Affairs and TRIFED.
- Under this initiative, a tertiary value addition centre will be set up in Jagdalpur in Chhattisgarh and Raigad in Maharashtra.
- A highlight of this is the production of ―Heritage Mahua‖ drink. It will be mainstreamed and marketed all over the country under this project.
To read about other Ministry Schemes for UPSC Click Here
More from us
Get Unlimited access to 25+ Mock Tests-Gradeup Green Card
Free Study Notes (Hindi/English)
Daily Current Affairs PDF
NCERT Books PDF (Hindi/English)
Daily, Monthly, Yearly Current Affairs Digest, Daily Editorial Analysis, Free PDF's & more, Join our Telegram Group Join Now
Commentswrite a comment