Mensuration means measurement. Mensuration is the oldest branch of geometry that deals with the measurements of length, area, or volume. In the mathematics section of defence exams such as UPSC NDA, UPSC CDS, UPSC CAPF, Air Force Group X & Y, ICG, CISF, and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), it covers more than 12-15 questions. By preparing for mensuration, one can easily fetch good marks and meet the selection cutoffs. Hence, one must be acquainted with all the mensuration expression syllabus and formulas and with Mensuration syllabus defence exams for effective learning.
A good preparation strategy includes Mensuration formulas with examples and top-notch Mensuration notes for defence exams. In this article, we will examine mensuration tricks and tips for defence exams, mensuration topics, and much more.
Important Mensuration Topics For Defence Exams
Mensuration has a tremendous application, in real life, and thus, it is a huge point for questions in different competitive examinations. Considering the important topics is consistently productive from the examination perspective. So here are some of the most important topics recommended by experts and toppers-
It studies the computation of 2-dimensional figures like squares, rectangles, circles, and parallelograms, etc.
It consists of 3-dimensional figures like cubes, cones, cuboids, spheres, and cylinders, etc.
Curved Surface Area (CSA)
Whenever the surfaces get curved, the total area can be termed as a Curved Surface Area. For Example – m2, cm2
Lateral Surface Area (LSA)
The area that covers the whole lateral area of the curve of the given figure is called Lateral Surface Area (LSA).
Total Surface Area (TSA)
The cumulative of both curve and lateral surface collectively called as Total Surface Area (TSA)
Tips to Solve Mensuration Questions
- Sit daily with mensuration practice questions as it will improve your speed and accuracy.
- Make Mensuration questions and answers pdf and study them thoroughly. It will enhance your paper solving skills and will help you to avoid any silly mistakes in exams.
- Not just construct Mensuration practice problems pdf, but also Mensuration problems with solutions. Eventually, You will learn to solve complex problems nimbly.
- Grasp all Mensuration formulas with examples by heart.
Importance of Mensuration in Defence Exams
- Mensuration has a plethora of real-life applications like measurement of plots, agriculture field, floor, and various industrial sites.
- By apprehending for mensuration, you get ready for other competitive exams like - Tier I and Tier II of SSC CGL exam, CHSL, and Railways exams as Mensuration are also one of the crucial parts of these exams.
- Mensuration is one of the pivotal topics from the point of view of examination.
Recommended Books for Mensuration
Books go about as a beacon for understudies, as its guide and help them to plan for defence exams. Here is the list of most prescribed books to study for Mensuration questions for defence:
Book on Demand Ltd
Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
Why Prepare Mensuration with BYJU'S Exam Prep?
Learning is a benchmark for the future. The future has a place for those who get ready for it today. The same goes for defence exams, as success doesn’t wait for unprepared. But with BYJU'S Exam Prep, you can beat failure. Gradeup is crowned as the top examination preparation destination for students. BYJU'S Exam Prep offers Mensuration study material pdf both in Hindi and English, along with a Mensuration practice test with answers to boost your preparation strategy. The whole Mensuration quiz for defence exam and study material is curated by specialists, who are involved in the field of education. BYJU'S Exam Prep guarantees that each gradian/student gets due consideration and a customized learning experience.
Mensuration FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Where can I find the Mensuration quiz for defence exams online?
You must try BYJU'S Exam Prep for your preparation as it offers top quality notes, conducts quizzes and 300+ mock tests to foster your defence exams preparation.
2. Which is the best book for Mensuration questions?
One of the most recommended books for Mensuration questions preparation is Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma.
3. Can I prepare for the Mensuration questions online?
Yes, you can do that, and even BYJU'S Exam Prep offers structured live courses, full syllabus coverage, performance & report card, Mensuration practice set, and instant doubt resolution for each student.
4. What is the definition of Mensuration?
Mensuration can get defined as an act of measuring lengths, areas, and volumes of the given dimensions and angles
5. What are some formulas for 3-D Mensurations in CDS exams?
Formulas for 3D mensuration are as follows –
- Cube- 6a2
- Cuboid- 2 (lb +bh +hl)
- Cone- πr (r + l)
- Cylinder - 2πrh + 2πr2
- Sphere - 4 π r2
6. What is the difference between mensuration and geometry?
Mensuration manages the figuring of different boundaries of shapes while geometry manages the investigation of connections and qualities of focuses and lines.