Indian Economy for CDS & Defence Exams
By : Naveen Singh
Updated : Dec 4, 2020, 21:24
Defence services examinations open ways for a student to make a career while serving the nation and its people. Various defence examinations admit students in services like Naval Academy and Airforce. Indian Economy forms a very important topic in defence examinations that needs to be prepared rigorously. Students need to ensure that they have practiced Indian Economy related questions to get used to the format. The topics for CDS & Defence exams are very dense and must be prepared with a thorough understanding of the Indian Economy syllabus. Moreover, it is indispensable to the nature of defence exams.
A good Indian Economy study material should include notes on the same for defence exams along with practice tests and answers.
Important Topics For Indian Economy
The important Indian Economy Topics in defence exams are as follows:
Introduction, Progress, growth, and development of the Indian Economy
Evolution of the Indian Economy, Planning Reforms of the Indian Economy, Understanding of the present economic situation of the country and its future
Inflation and Business Cycles in the economic market, Indian Agriculture, Industry and Infrastructure and its impact on the Indian economy
Role of the Banking Sector in the Indian Economy, Insurance and Security Market in India
External sector of India and the International Economic organizations that impact the decisions made in the Indian Economy
Tax Structure in India, Public Finance in India, and the disposal of the collected taxes
The Technology-Environment dilemma, methods to move towards an economically stable country while not undermining the importance of Sustainability, Climate Change, Understanding the Demographic Dividend of the nation
Human Development in India and correlation with the economic setup, Terminology, Survey, Railway Budget, Union Budget, Census, and the changes brought about in the last decade
Important Tips To Prepare Indian Economy Questions For Defence Exams
- One should thoroughly prepare topics such as the Indian Constitution, Articles of Indian Constitution, Parts, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties, DPSP, Union, Houses of Parliament, Bodies, Schedules, Amendments made in the Constitution.
- One should keep themselves updated with the daily happenings in and around the country and the world. Newspapers, radios, and televisions should be read/watched regularly. Much important information can also be memorized by using flashcards.
- Students should try to connect events in the order of their happenings. This helps in retaining important details. Taking Indian Economy practice tests regularly is also helpful.
Importance of Indian Economy in Defence Exams
- You need to understand the concepts clearly so that you are able to analyze the decisions taken and their impact on the country’s economy.
- An economic survey helps you to analyze graphs and figures to understand various trends in the economy.
- It is very important to have a thorough understanding of the effects of the decisions and policies taken by the leaders in the past. You can also read books and magazines that provide a timeline of the important decisions taken by the leaders of the nation followed by the immediate impact created.
- Indian Economy is something that affects the life of every individual, job, and security of every citizen of the country, hence, an understanding of the same is essential.
Recommended Books for Indian Economy in Defence Exams:
While a crisp understanding of the economic concepts is very important, the name of the books given below provides a timeline of the important events that provide a good exercise for a better understanding. It is enough to follow one of the books from the list mentioned below:
Indian Economy, by Ramesh Singh
McGraw Hill Education Pvt Ltd
Indian Economy - Principles, Policies, and Progress
Indian Polity - For Civil Services and Other State Examinations
McGraw Hill Education Pvt Ltd
Why prepare Indian Economy from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep provides quality material that is easy to follow and learn from. It also provides an analysis of previous year question papers that helps you to understand the trend of questions. Multiple practice quizzes and previous year question papers help students to get some rigorous training that is helpful in scoring well. BYJU'S Exam Prep also keeps students updated about the important notifications so that the students can put their focus on studies and generate results. It is also easy to judge the mentors by the quality content that is available for free on GradeUp’s Youtube channel.
Indian Economy Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How does one ensure quality mentors?
The mentors on BYJU'S Exam Prep are extensively trained and empathetic at the same time. The free material available on the Youtube channel of BYJU'S Exam Prep is an example of it.
2. Does BYJU'S Exam Prep provide study materials for the topics?
Yes, BYJU'S Exam Prep gives access to a number of test series and practice sets that are indispensable to rigorous training in the subjects. Also, BYJU'S Exam Prep recommends the best books in the market for the subject if the students wish to refer to some. You can study Indian Polity - For Civil Services and Other State Examinations by M.Laxmikanth
3. How much do I have to pay for these services?
GradeUp believes that every student is entitled to good quality study material that will help them not just to grasp topics easily but also to revise them. And so it provides most of the resources for free to the aspirants. BYJU'S Exam Prep also has paid service, but it’s totally fine if you do not opt for it.
4. Are there any lectures that will help me analyze the previous year's papers?
Yes, analysis of previous years’ question papers is done by our mentors. The material is also available on GradeUp’s Youtube channel. The complete catalog is available in the paid version.
5. Does the Indian Economy include the study of the economy of other countries?
Indian Economy includes the study of the Indian economy as well as its relation and impact on the world economy.