General Knowledge for defence exams forms an integral part in every step of the recruitment process. General Knowledge questions are asked while taking the defence exam online test and also while facing the interview. General Knowledge comprises of current affairs GK and static GK. Knowledge of these two type of General Knowledge is essential to excel in any competitive exam and increase the overall score as well. Having a broad knowledge of General Knowledge improves your chances of selection and increases your overall score as well. General Knowledge comprises of a wide range of topics such as current affairs, sports, history, geography, polity, science economics, and a lot more topics. Having extensive knowledge of General Knowledge through rigorous GK quizzes, online tests with answers help in building up the accuracy level not only for defence exams but also for many other competitive exams.
With GK Questions having so much importance in Defence Exams, BYJU'S Exam Prep has collated practice tests, online tests, GK quizzes for almost every defence exams such as NDA NA, CAPF, CDS, AFCAT, SSB, and many other defence exams and other competitive exams that you cannot afford to miss.
Important General Knowledge topics For Defence Exams
Before we dig into the General Knowledge definition and how to prepare for this section, let us see the topics covered under the GK section. GK syllabus comprises every topic that you have studied since you began your studies.
- Indian History
- General Awareness or Current Affairs
- Geography: Physical, Indian, environment, and Biodiversity
- Polity: Indian constitution, Articles, Parts, Fundamental Rights, DPSP, Union, Houses, Bodies, Schedules, Different Amendments, etc. could be asked.
- Economy: Recent happenings, economic survey, reforms, Agricultural revolution, etc.
- General Science: Questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Biolog
Tips to prepare GK Questions For Defence Exams
General Knowledge is like the universe we live in with never-ending questions. The more we acquire information, the more there is out there left to learn. So how can one prepare for this section without feeling overwhelmed?
Here are some tricks and tips to prepare for the defense exams:
- Devising a study plan: We have already read the topics covered in the GK section of defense exams. While studying, every student gets an idea of their strengths and weaknesses. This will enable them to prioritize topics based on their requirement and allot time accordingly.
- Reading newspapers: Regular reading of newspapers, relevant magazines, and editorials is a requirement so that students can stay up-to-date with the latest piece of news and current affairs.
- Regular practice: Maintaining a habit of regularly referring to online resources, practicing with mock tests, going through General Knowledge practice problems will give a student an edge over others.
- Enrolling with learning platforms: Students can self-study for the General Knowledge syllabus in defense exams, but online learning platforms such as BYJU'S Exam Prep will maximize the learning experience by providing access to General Knowledge practice problems and General Knowledge practice tests with answers.
Best Books To Prepare For GK Questions
Here are some book recommendations for the different topics covered under General Knowledge.
- Oxford and orient black swan
- NCERT textbooks
Ancient India History + Medieval India History + Modern India History (NCERT)
by RS Sharma.
|Polity||Arihant Pathfinder and Indian Polity by M Laxmikant|
Why prepare General Knowledge from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep is a one-stop-shop for students to prepare for defense examinations. It provides a variety of services under a single umbrella for students, which includes free videos for preparation, General Knowledge quizzes, previous years’ papers for practice, a well-structured course curriculum, and interactive initiatives that involve access to experts from the defense sector and discussion with fellow students. With BYJU'S Exam Prep, help is always available when required.
GK Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the most effective way to keep up-to-date with current affairs?
To keep yourself updated with the current affairs read newspapers regularly. You can read The Hindu, Economic Times. Moreover, you can also watch BYJU'S Exam Prep's free current affairs session every morning to keep yourself updated with the current affairs and practice GK questions on a regular basis as well.
2. What are the General Knowledge topics I should be aware of while facing interviews in defence exams?
Read the history of our defence forces and be aware of the various ranks, types of arms, the structure, and the past operations and other milestones carried out by our defense forces.
3. What should be my priority while learning about the political structure of the country?
You must read about the Indian constitution, different articles and parts of the constitution, Parliament and its functions, and the rights and responsibilities involved in the different political profiles.
4. How do I study for General Knowledge in the shortest time?
Solve the previous year’s papers and gauge where you stand and how much prepared you areare you based on your performance in the. This will help you prepare in a shorter time
5. How do I prepare on the topic of Economy?
Focus on previous year’s questions and study the concepts with the help of Arihant Economies and BYJU'S Exam Prep's YouTube channel.