To understand the concept of Algebra in mathematics, you must know the algebra definition. In Algebra, letters (X and Y) and other symbols are used for representing numbers, quantities in equations. Using the algebraic expression formula, you can solve any mathematical equation in competitive exams. To appear in algebra online tests for defence exams, you have to learn by heart all the algebra formulas with examples.
For scoring high marks, prepare algebra notes for defense exams. BYJU'S Exam Prep is an excellent platform to practice algebra quiz for defense exams. The important defense exams are NDA, CAPF, AFCAT, CDS, ICG and IAF, etc.
Important Algebra Topics For Defence Exams
Basic Introduction of Algebra
Algebra plays a vital role in mathematics. To deal with problems in our day to day life we use algebraic symbols, numbers, and operations.
To simplify difficult equations we use different tricks and ways. One of the easy tricks is the application of the BODMAS rule. Here B means Bracket, O means Orders, D means Division, M means Multiplication, A means Addition, and S means Subtraction.
Exponents mean Powers. When we do repeated multiplication of the same factor is called power. The symbol of an exponent is like ‘^’.For example, 2 ^ 3 is read as two to the third power.
Quadratic Equations are known as polynomial equations as here, the power of X is non-negative integers. Arrows, Balls, Stones, and Missiles are examples of a real-life quadratic equation. For example, when a ball is thrown in the air it goes up and slows it as it travels and then again comes down faster.
The algebraic equations where exponents, variables, and coefficients can form an equation is known as Polynomials. In Polynomials, there may be different exponents and the highest exponent is known as the degree of the equation.
Tips to solve Algebra Questions
- The first and key thing to solve algebra equations is to know the basic concept of variables (X and Y). In all the algebra practice questions, variables are used as letters that are present as a placeholder instead of numbers whose value we do not know.
- Remember the addition rule and the multiplication/ division rules to solve the algebra problems with solutions.
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division are the 4 basic ways of solving an algebraic equation. Adding the same number on both sides of an equation means both sides remain equal. These are very important algebra tricks and tips for defence exams.
- Algebraic equations are comparatively easy and can be solved quickly during the examinations. So, you must do an algebra practice test with answers at least 2 hours daily to become efficient in solving algebraic equations.
Importance of Algebra in Defence exams
- Algebra boosts logical skills and develops abstract thinking among the aspirants.
- Algebra is a very important chapter in the quantitative section other than mathematics; it also prepares us for calculus and statistics.
- The algebra questions for defence exam carry good weightage in the Quantitative sector.
- The two-variable equations of algebra help you in solving any type of algebraic questions in less time.
Recommended books for Algebra For Defence Exams
There are many books on Algebra in the market. The algebra questions and answers pdf are also available. The best-recommended books for algebra syllabus defence exams are the following:-
A Textbook of Algebra
George E. Shilov
Why prepare Algebra from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
The role of algebra is essential for competitive defence exams as it carries good weightage in the quantitative aptitude section. At BYJU'S Exam Prep, you can select your exam category and be able to start preparations immediately. You can appear in free full-length online mock tests in BYJU'S Exam Prep. You can also attempt an algebra practice quiz, algebra practice set prepared by the experts from BYJU'S Exam Prep. The algebra quiz for defence exams available both in English and in Hindi on BYJU'S Exam Prep. BYJU'S Exam Prep also offers all the algebra study material pdf and algebra practice problems pdf, to the aspirants.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What are the eligibility criteria of a student to appear in the defence exams?
A student must be a graduate in any stream securing a minimum of 50% of marks to appear in the defense exam
2. Is Advanced Algebra a branch of Algebra?
Yes, Advanced Algebra is a branch of Algebra
3. What are the important topics of Algebra?
The important topics of Algebra are quadratic equations, exponents, polynomials, and simplification.
4. How many questions from algebra are asked in defense exams?
Around 5 to 6 questions from algebra are asked in defense exam.
5. Is it hard to learn Algebra?
No, it is not hard to learn Algebra if you know the basic concepts of arithmetic.