CLAT 2021 Official Notification is out! The official notification of the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2021 is declared now. The notification of the CLAT 2021 exam is available on the official website .
We have shared the details of CLAT 2021 Important exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, etc. So, read the complete post now to know the complete details of CLAT 2021! Do join the Session to know the information in detail.
CLAT 2021 Exam Date Announced l July 23
Candidates must go through the following table regarding tentative CLAT Exam Dates for the 2021 session:
CLAT 2021 Important Dates -
Release of Notification
27th December 2020
Online registration started
1st January 2021
Last date to apply
15th June 2021
Last date for online fee payment
15th June 2021
Admit card availability
to be announced
CLAT 2021 Exam
23rd July 2021
Answer key publish
to be announced
to be announced
to be announced
CLAT Exam Pattern 2021
The UG-CLAT 2021 shall be a 2-hour test, with 150 multiple-choice questions carrying 1 mark each. There shall be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer. There must be conceptual clarity in the applicants regarding the questions asked in the paper.
CLAT 2021: Pattern for Undergraduate Course
No. of Qs
Current Affairs, including General Knowledge
CLAT Syllabus 2021
The changes in the exam pattern of CLAT 2021 include reducing the number of questions to 150 from 200 as asked earlier. Also, the question paper will now include comprehension-based questions from Quantitative Techniques, English Language, Current Affairs including General Knowledge, Legal Reasoning, and Logical Reasoning sections.
The clarity will come from a thorough reading of the basics of law besides the aptitude section i.e. reasoning along with quantitative and legal aptitude. The UG-CLAT 2021 will check the aptitude along with the reasoning and comprehension skills of the applicants. The question paper will not test the prior knowledge of law rather will focus on the analytical/logical skills required for legal education.
CLAT 2021: Qualification & Eligibility - UG - Program
1. Education Qualification: Candidates must qualify 12thexamination with any recognized board or university to be eligible.
- Percentage: General/ OBC category candidates must score 45% marks in the qualifying exam & 40% marks for SC/ ST category candidates to be eligible.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam will be also eligible for the examination. In this case, candidates will also have to prove evidence of their passing the qualifying examination.
- As per revised rules, there is no upper age limit for CLAT 2021.
CLAT Detailed Syllabus 2021
1. English Language
- In this section, passages of about 450 words will be given to test the comprehension skills of the applicant. The difficulty level of passage will pertain to the general understanding of a class 12th student. The passage can be derived from non-fiction and fiction. The average reading time for a passage pertains to 7-8 minutes.
The given passage will test the ability of the applicants regarding:
- Language skills Comprehension
- Drawing an inference from the given passage
- Identifying the core issues on which the passage is based
2. Current Affairs/General Knowledge
- This particular section will also contain a passage of around 450 words.
- It will be containing information from news and non-fiction not particularly based on the legal domain as prior knowledge of the law is not tested in CLAT.
The question that will follow the passage will test the applicant on the knowledge of:
- Modern History (1600-1947)
- Art and Culture (India)
- Contemporary International Relations/Affairs
- Current Affairs of national and international importance
3. Quantitative Techniques
- This particular section deals with analyzing the basic arithmetic of the applicants by assigning 5-6 passages to interpret the data given thereto with a total of 15 - 17 questions.
- Graphical representation or passage follows a set of questions derived from that particular data to test the analytical ability of the applicant. Percentages, Ratios, Averages, Profit & Loss along with time & work determine the maximum chunk of questions in this section.
- The questions will be of elementary that is up to the level of 10th standard, there is no need to further dive into the secondary stage of mathematics that is there in the syllabus of class XI & XII.
4. Logical Reasoning
- This particular section deals with analyzing the basics of critical aspects of the applicants by assigning 9-10 passages with a total of around 29-30 questions.
- This section requires lots of practice and applicants need to get themselves acquainted with the questions that are asked to solve them in less time.
- Puzzles, Circular Arrangements, Syllogism, and Inequality determine the maximum chunk of questions in this section.
- Only through guidance and practice, one can master the art of solving logical reasoning questions as it is set on a definite pattern.
5. Legal Reasoning
- It is the core of the question paper. One needs to excel in reading and comprehension as to attempt the paper holistically.
- The knowledge regarding fundamental legal principles enshrined in the constitution can vastly enhance the chance of an applicant in securing good marks in the CLAT.
- Legal awareness of an applicant helps him/her in understanding the background of the questions as CLAT now focuses more on comprehension and drawing relevancy along with inferences from given passage/circumstance.
This section tests the legal awareness of applicants in the Legal Aptitude section which is divided into three parts namely Legal Facts, Legal G.K, and Legal Reasoning. Additionally, the whole section of the Legal Aptitude section acts as a tie-breaker in deciding the rank if the score of applicants matches. This section should be on priority for the applicants to secure a good institute.
Tips for CLAT 2021 Preparation
- Revision is one of the most important aspects of any competitive exam preparation to retain the concepts that have been read by the applicant.
- Early identification of problematic areas with the help of mentors is required to divide the concentration and time as per the relatively weaker part of the applicant.
- A good pear group enhances both the competitive environment along with making it easy for the applicant to assess his/her performance.
- The BYJU'S Exam Prep community comes very handy in this particular situation as it is the largest community-based e-learning platform in India.
- The importance of asking questions must not be neglected and the effort an applicant puts in asking a relevant question derives good suggestions from his/her peers along with the mentors.
Still confused about how to prepare, enroll in the "CLAT 2021 Ralid Revision Course"! We have the perfect solution for you. Take a free trial of the course and experience the quality education that will be provided to you. So students, with a proper approach and better guidance, Crack CLAT 2021 & Reach Your Dream NLU! So, why wait?
CLAT 2021: Rapid Revision Course: