Transportation in Madhya Pradesh
Major National Highways
Major Cities of Madhya Pradesh
Morena,Gwalior, Guna, Indore
Morena, Jabalpur, Chhindwara, Datiya
Jabalpur, Bhopal, Narsinghgarh, Rajgarh
Indore, Dhar, Jhabua
Gwalior- Satna- Rewa
Khajuraho, Chhatarpur, Panna, Rewa
Shahdol, Ambikapur, Jaspur
Dewas, Bhopal, Chhatarpur, Sagar
Jaruakheda, Khurai, Bina
- There are a total 44 National Highways in Madhya Pradesh, whose total length is 8, 858 kms.
- Longest National highways- Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Karnataka.
- Longest National highways - NH-46 (634km)
- Smallest National highways - NH-135 BB (7.5km)
- Madhya Pradesh Road Transport Corporation was established in 1950 and closed in 2002.
Major State Highways
- There are 48 State highways in Madhya Pradesh whose total length is 11, 389 kms.
- Longest highways (ascending order)- SH-19, SH- 26, SH- 10
- Smallest highways (descending order)- SH- 39A, SH- 19A, SH- B
- Longest State Highway- Jaitpur (Uttar Pradesh) to Chhindwara (Madhya Pradesh)
- Smallest State Highway- Thandla to Kushalgarh
- The total length of Main District Roads in Madhya Pradesh is 22, 091 kms.
Expressways in Madhya Pradesh
- Narmada Expressway
- 6 lane highway
- Total highway- 1265 kms
- States covered- Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat
- Cities- Anupur, Dindori, Mandla, Jabalpur, Narsinghpur, Hoshangabad, Harda, Khandwa, Badwani and Alirajpur.
- Chambal Expressway
- 6 lane highway
- Total highway- 303 kms
- States covered- Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh
- Cities- Bhind, Morena and Sheopur
- First Rail line was started in 1867 from Allahabad (now Prayagraj) to Jabalpur.
- Total length of railway lines in Madhya Pradesh- 6, 100 kms.
- In 1895, Kuno Kumari Express from Gwalior to Shivpuri was flagged off by Madhav Rao Scindhia.
- Narrow Gauge Railway was begun from Satpura in 1904, later it was closed in 2015.
- Asia’s largest Narrow Gauge Railway Station was located in Nainpur (Mandla).
- Western Railway
- Zonal Headquarters- Jabalpur
- It covers Katni, Rewa and Satna district.
- India’s first Private Railway Station- Habibganj (Bhopal)
- India’s longest Railway Bridge- Katni
- In India, Jabalpur is the first Wi-fi enabled station.
- Hazrat- Nizamuddin Express (Bhopal Express) is the country's first ISO-certified train. The other train is Rewanchal Express.
- State’s Longest Railway Station- Itarsi (Hoshangabad)
- Railway Coach Factory- Bhopal
- Railway Electric Engine Workshop- Bhopal
- Railway Diesel Engine Workshop- Indore and Vidisha
- Rail Coach Factory- Jhabua
- Rail Spring Workshop- Gwalior
- Railway Recruitment Board- Bhopal
- Railway Sleeper Factory- Bankhedi
- The first air service was established in Indore on 26 July, 1948.
- The state has 22 international airports and 33 other airports.
- Major Airports-
- Raja Bhoj International Airport- Bhopal
- Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar International airport- Indore
- Gwalior Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia Airport- Gwalior
- Chhatrasal Airport- Khajuraho
- Rani durgawati Airport- Jabalpur
To boost the preparation of all our users, we have come up with some free video (Live Class) series.
Here are the links
More from us