Sambhar Lake is a saltwater lake. It has a surface area of 230 km2. West of Jaipur is where it is situated. Sambhar Lake is a Ramsar Site because of the waterfowl and pink flamingos that live there.
- One of the biggest freshwater lakes in Asia, it is the second largest freshwater lake in India.
- It is situated in the Bandipora district of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The lake ranges from 30 to 260 square kilometers in size.
- Jammu and Kashmir's Srinagar is home to Dal Lake.
- Dal Lake is referred to as the Jewel of Srinagar, the Jewel of Kashmir, and the Lake of Flowers.
- For Hindus, Pushkar Lake is a very sacred body of water.
- It is situated in Rajasthan's Pushkar town, in the Ajmer district.
Salt Lakes in India
The following is a list of the other saltwater lakes in India besides Sambhar Lake:
- Pangong Tso Lake
- Chilika Lake
- Pulicat Lake
- Lonar Lake
- Pachpadra Lake – it is located in Rajasthan, Barmer district.
Pangong Tso Lake
- This lake is situated in the Tibetan region of China and the Indian Union Territory of Ladakh.
- The distance to Pangong Tso Lake is 134 kilometers.
- Around 160 different species of birds can be found at Chilika Lake during the migration season.
- It is situated in the districts of Ganjam, Khurda, and Puri in the state of Odisha.
- It is both India's largest coastal lagoon and the largest brackish water lagoon in the entire world.
- The Pulicat Lake is India's second-largest brackish lagoon.
- This lake is on the border of Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu; the majority of the lagoon is within the Andhra Pradesh district of Nellore.
- It is situated in Maharashtra's Buldhana district.
- India has designated Lonar Lake as a National Geo-heritage Monument.
- The result of a meteorite collision is this lake.
Which one of the following lakes is a saltwater lake?
Sambhar Lake is a saltwater lake. In Rajasthan, India, in the Sambhar Lake Town neighborhood of the Jaipur district, 80 kilometers (50 miles) southwest of the city of Jaipur and 64 kilometers (40 miles) northeast of Ajmer, is the Sambhar Salt Lake, the largest inland salt lake in the country. It encircles the old Sambhar Lake Town.