The pattern of this section is quite similar to the Quantitative Aptitude section in terms of the questions asked i.e. 50 questions of 1 mark each. As seen in the past trends, there is no negative marking in this exam. Therefore, the candidates have the freedom to attempt all the questions in this exam. Let us know a little more about the VARC section of MH-CET like pattern, syllabus, tips, and more that would help the candidates to ace the exam.
MH-CET MBA/MMS, is a Computer-Based Test (CBT) conducted by State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra. It is conducted once in a year for the candidates who wish to take admission into the top B-Schools in the states of Maharashtra. This test comprises of four sections: Abstract Reasoning (AR), Quantitative Aptitude (QA), Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC), and Logical Reasoning (LR). The duration of the MH-CET exam is 150 minutes.
MH-CET Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension: Highlights
Scoring in the VARC section is quiet easy if one has a good command on English Language. The candidates should have sound knowledge of vocabulary. Before starting the preparation for the VARC section let’s have a view at the pattern of VARC section in the MH-CET exam.
Mode of the Exam
Medium of the Exam
Number of Questions in VARC
Type of Questions
+1 for each correct answer
Marks deducted for skipping a question
MH-CET Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension 2022: Complete Syllabus
For getting a kick in your preparation, the first thing you should do is to know your syllabus for the VARC section of MH-CET MBA 2022. By knowing the syllabus, you’ll get an idea of the topics you have to cover during the preparation. This section only concerns your English proficiency skills, so, an aspirant must have their roots clear in every topic. Let’s have a look at a complete syllabus of VARC provided below:
MH-CET Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension: Syllabus
|Antonyms & Synonyms|
|Idioms & Phrases|
|Fill In The Blanks|
- Notification Release for MH-CET MBA 2022
- Check Eligibility for MH-CET MBA 2022
- MH-CET MBA 2022 Selection Process
What You Should Remember While Attempting The VARC Section of MH-CET 2022
- Don’t Rush While Attempting RCs- Read RC passages attentively and carefully and make sure you understand the theme of the passage. If the candidates read the passage twice, it will take too much of time. So, the candidates should try to read the passage only once and answer the questions related to the passage.
- Read Options Cautiously- It is important to read all the options as in Para jumbles questions, the options are similar to each other. So, they might be a bit confusing Thus, read the options carefully while attempting the questions.
- Try to use the Elimination Rule- In cloze tests or Para jumble questions, the candidates can get the answer by eliminating the wrong options. It might help them to get the answer in no time.
- Don’t Spend Excessive Time on a Particular Question- If you are not getting the answer, then leave it. Para completion questions are especially time-consuming as well as ambiguous. So, leave these questions to be done at the end.
- Try to Comprehend the Tone of the Passage- This is extremely important that the candidates understand and interpret the theme of the passage-’ What does the passage want to indicate?’. Try to comprehend the passage in depth while reading it.
Tips and Strategy to Crack VARC Section of MH-CET MBA 2022
- The first initiative is to develop a habit of reading daily newspapers. The candidates should have a habit of reading on computer screens as this is a computer based test.
- Reading habits would not only upgrade your vocabulary skills but also enhance your reading speed. This would help the candidates to score well in the RC passages.
- While reading, keep your e-dictionary handy. Whenever you find a word that is not familiar, search for its meaning and pen down them for future reference.
- Also, on the regular basis, the candidates should try to learn at least 5-10 words to improve the vocabulary.
- Try to use those words/phrases in your daily life. This would drastically improve the communication skills.
- The most important point is to refer to good books for VARC preparation. It is advised not to refer multiple books as it creates a lot of confusion.
- You can also refer to online lectures for clearing the concepts and choose some of the best study material online for MAH-CET MBA 2022.
- Once you are done with your basics, go for the online mock tests. This would aid you to analyse your preparation level.
- Analyse your silly mistakes through each mock test you attempt and try to avoid in the consecutive mock tests.
- Go through a few previous years’ papers as that would help you to examine the kind of questions asked and the weightage they carry in the MH-CET exam.
- If an aspirant has a good command on English Language, then, he/she can take it as a starting section of MH-CET. He/she would be able to finish it within half an hour.
- If a candidate is average or weak in English, then, they should try to attempt this section at last. While attempting, at last, study the RCs and para jumbles carefully.
- Download MH-CET MBA 2022 Admit Card
- Best Colleges Accepting MH-CET MBA 2022 Scores
- MH-CET MBA 2022 Results
- Attend MH-CET MBA 2022 Counselling Without Appearing for its Exam
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
If you are aiming to crack CAT, join BYJU'S Exam Prep Online Classroom Program where you get :
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card