SAMRIDH Initiative - Sustainable Access to Markets and Resources for Innovative Delivery of Healthcare
By : Neha Dhyani
Updated : May 4, 2022, 5:09
The Atal Innovation Mission launched the SAMRIDH Initiative. SAMRIDH stands for Sustainable Access to Markets and Resources for Innovative Delivery of Healthcare. The Initiative came into existence as a partnership between the Niti Aayog of India and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
The revolutionary SAMRIDH Initiative blended finance facility, created by the Indian government, academia, and the business sector in 2020, combines public and philanthropic money with commercial capital to produce and rapidly scale market-based health solutions.
Blended finance is a kind of financing in which public and philanthropic catalytic money (such as grants and concessional capital) are used to mobilise additional private sector investment to achieve social goals and outcomes.
SAMRIDH Initiative - Overview
- The SAMRIDH Initiative will bring about a considerable improvement in the way healthcare is being provided in the country, and it will also make healthcare more accessible to the general public of India, including rural India
- The Initiative came into existence to scale up and bring forward any market-based health solutions. The project was given financial support through the commercial capital of public funds and philanthropic funds
- It will also work on reaching out to a section of the population that is vulnerable
- Several public sector resources will be brought to use to provide the best healthcare solutions to all the patients out there
- Also, the project aims at making quality healthcare accessible to the population residing in the tier-2 and tier-3 cities of India
Objectives of the SAMRIDH Scheme
There are several objectives of the SAMRIDH scheme. Some of the objectives are listed below:
- Responding to any health emergencies with all kinds of resources and fixing all the supply-side issues to deal with any kind of medical emergencies in the short, medium and the long run
- Come up with new and innovative health solutions and scale up the production and adoption of the existing healthcare facilities
- Provide high impact health solutions by bringing about mobility in the resources and by building sustainable healthcare systems
- Come up with different solutions at a local level to deal with problems faced by the vulnerable population of India
SAMRIDH Initiative Significance
- The SAMRIDH Initiative is one of the greatest collaborations as the collaboration will bring about innovation in the healthcare space. The primary purpose of this innovation is to tackle the spread of the Coronavirus
- It will bring about a significant change in the country's healthcare system as the country will now be more equipped to handle any medical emergencies that might come in future. Also, the capability of the medical system will increase in managing any infectious or endemic diseases
- Several innovators and entrepreneurs are invited to develop some innovations in medical sciences like diagnostics, training of healthcare personnel, etc.
- The Initiative will also help the frontline workers like the nurses who pull through long shifts during emergencies like the COVID-19 pandemic
The SAMRIDH Initiative has been launched to bring about a revolutionary change in India's healthcare system. The scheme focuses on making healthcare more accessible to Indian citizens and providing the frontline workers and the patients the care they deserve. Therefore, you should know everything about the scheme.
FAQs on SAMRIDH Initiative
Q.1. What does SAMRIDH in the SAMRIDH Initiative stand for?
SAMRIDH stands for Sustainable Access to Markets and Resources for Innovative Delivery of Healthcare in the SAMRIDH Initiative.
Q.1. Which organisation launched the SAMRIDH Initiative?
The Atal Innovation Mission launched the SAMRIDH Initiative.
Q.3. Which two bodies have collaborated to come up with the SAMRIDH Initiative?
The Atal Innovation Mission of NITI Aayog and the U.S. Agency for International Development came up with the SAMRIDH Initiative.
Q.4. Which kind of financial system is being used to implement the SAMRIDH Initiative?
A blended finance system is being used to implement the SAMRIDH Initiative.
Q.5. In which year did the SAMRIDH Initiative come into force?
SAMRIDH Initiative came into force in 2020 during the pandemic.