STRUCTURE AND CONTENT OF CTET
All questions in CTET will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), with four alternatives out of which one answer will be most appropriate. Each carrying one mark and there will be no negative
There will be two papers on CTET.
- Paper 1 will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for classes I to V.
- Paper 2 will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for classes VI to VIII.
Note: A person who intends to be a teacher for both levels (classes I to V and classes VI to VIII) will have to appear in both papers (Paper I and Paper II).
Paper I (for Classes I to V) is for the Primary Stage. The total number of MCQs will be 150, with one mark each consisting of CTET Paper- I of 150 Marks.
|1.||Child Development and Pedagogy||Two-and-a-half hours|
|2.||Language I (Compulsory)|
|3.||Language II (compulsory)|
Paper-II (for Classes VI to VIII) is for the Elementary Stage. The total number of MCQs will be 150, with one mark each consisting of CTET Paper-II of 150 Marks.
|1.||Child Development & Pedagogy||30||30||Two-and-a-half hours|
|2.||Language I (compulsory)||30||30|
|3.||Language II (compulsory)||30||30|
|4.||Mathematics and Science OR Social Studies/Social Science||60||60|
NATURE AND STANDARD OF QUESTIONS
1. The test items on Child Development and Pedagogy will focus on the educational psychology of teaching and learning relevant to the age group of 6-11 years. They will focus on understanding the characteristics and needs of diverse learners, interaction with learners, and the attributes and qualities of a good facilitator of learning.
2. The Test items in Language I will focus on the proficiencies related to the medium of instruction.
3. The Test items in Language II will focus on the elements of language, communication, and comprehension abilities.
4. Language II will be a language other than Language I. A candidate may choose any one language as Language I and another as Language II from the available language options and will be required to specify the same.
Language of the Question Paper
- The main question paper shall be Bilingual (Hindi/English).
VALIDITY PERIOD OF CTET CERTIFICATE
1. The Validity Period of the CTET qualifying certificate for appointment will be lifetime from the date of declaration of its result for all categories.
2. There is no restriction on the number of attempts a person can take for acquiring a CTET Certificate. A person who has qualified CTET may also appear again for improving his/her score.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app
So why wait? Update your app right away!
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)