Art & Culture in Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh emerged as an Indian state in the year 1956. With the bifurcation of Chhattisgarh in 2000, modern-day Madhya Pradesh came into being. Madhya Pradesh is considered to be the heart of India.
Madhya Pradesh is famous for Tribal Paintings, Durrie Weavings, Bagh Printings, Maheshwari Sarees, Batik Printings, Nanda Printings, Marble Art of Bhedaghat and for Bead Jewellery.
The fine artworks and handicrafts like - Woven cotton or silk sarees, fabrics with block prints, stuffed toys, floor coverings, bamboo work, cane work, jute work, woodcraft, iron craft, stone craft, metal craft, terra cotta, zari work, folk paintings, ornaments, dolls and the uncanny work of Gond painting and the traditional carpets of Gwalior. Crafts like bamboo and jute work are widely traded.
Madhya Pradesh is popular for its classical music, folk music, tribal music, ceremonial music, ritual music and Indian classical music and is home to four prominent Gharanas of Hindustani classical music—
- Maihar Gharana- It is one of the oldest schools of Hindustani classical music. The school was established by Allaudin Khan in the princely state of Maihar (now in present Madhya Pradesh). It is therefore sometimes referred to as the Maihar-Senia Gharana.
- Gwalior Gharana- It is the oldest Khayal Gharana in Indian classical music. The origin of the Gwalior Gharana began with the reign of the Mughal emperor Akbar (1542–1605). The favourite singer of this Gharana such as Miyan Tansen.
- Indore Gharana- It is one of the vocal gharanas of Indian classical music. It was founded by Amir Khan. Some of the characteristics of this Gharana are- Characteristics of the Indore Gharana are- slow-tempo raga development, improvisation mostly in lower and middle octaves, a tendency towards serious and expansive (darbari) ragas and emphasis on melody.
It is very interesting to know that different types of drums can be seen in Madhya Pradesh. The large drums of Bastar, the dhols and maandals played by the Bhils, the ghera, timki, chang and diphala .
Folk Songs of Madhya Pradesh
- Sant Singhaji Bhajan
- Nathpanthi Gayan
- Aalha Gayan
- Bholageet or Bambulia
- Faag Song
- Hardaul ki Manauti
- Bans Song
Folk Dances of Madhya Pradesh
One of the most popular folk dance of Madhya Pradesh is matki that involve several local rituals. All traditional dances are associated with the religious sentiments of people of the particular region of MP. Madhya Pradesh government on a regular basis organizes a festival “Lokranjan” on a large scale which acts as a platform for various tribes of Madhya Pradesh to flourish their religious and cultural heritage in the form of folk dance or music. Other popular folk dances of Madhya Pradesh:-
- Aadha-Khada and Rajwadi
- Matki dance
- Danda dance
- Dadar Dance
- Kehra dance
- Kalsa dance
Folk paintings of Madhya Pradesh
- Godan Govardhan
Madhya Pradesh deeply gives preference to each religion and every reign. Forts, temples, caves, tombs, stupas, reservoirs mark the importance of incredible India.
- Khajuraho Temples -- a reflection of real Nagara Architecture.
- The structure of Sanchi Stupa was constructed by King Ashoka to preserve the teachings of Lord Buddha. The hemispherical dome is a perfect round and tells the tales of the great Mauryan dynasty.
- Jahaz Mahal, is an establishment preserving its literal meaning, "Jahaz" means Ship and "Mahal" means fort. The place is surrounded by a pond, giving a real look of a palace floating in the water.
- Jai Vilas Palace is a blend of British-Italian architecture.
- Hoshang Shah's Tomb is believed to be the first-ever marble architecture made.
Check out the important information about the other MP district
मध्य प्रदेश के अन्य सभी जिलों की जानकारी के लिए पढ़ें - Read Here
You Can Boost up your preparation with Current Affairs. Here we are providing you daily/ monthly Current Affairs and MP specific current affairs:
MP Specific/Daily/Monthly Current Affairs (हिन्दी/English)
Daily One liner Current affairs
Practice set solving is more important during preparation. By solving it you can improve your weaker section of the subject. Here we are providing a link, and by clicking it you can attempt topic wise MCQs and make your preparation strong.
Attempt Here: MP SI, MP Patwari, MP PEB MCQs 2021: Revision Practice set
More from us
Free मे पढ़े GS/GK Study Notes और अपनी तैयारी को मज़बूत करे
Free मे पढ़े Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Yearly करेंट अफेयर्स
NCERT Books तथा उनकी Summary Free मे Download करे
Commentswrite a comment