Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board conducts the CG TET for the teaching aspirants of the state. It is extremely important for potential candidates to be prepared with the CG TET preparation tips for their upcoming exams. With the exam dates fast approaching, it is time for the candidates to become acquainted with the tips to crack CG TET 2021. We will be including detailed strategies for all the subjects, a study plan, and do's and dont's of the exam.
In order to emerge successfully from the upcoming CG TET 2021 exam, the examinees need to be fully committed to their preparations. The CG TET exam provides the examinees with the best opportunity to kick-start their careers as teachers. With the right amount of motivation combined with hard work, the potential candidates may easily succeed in the upcoming CG TET examination by simply following the preparation guide for the Chhattisgarh teacher eligibility test.
In this post, we will discuss a guide for CG TET exam preparation that would help you score high marks on the exam. In order to ace the CG TET 2021 exam in the first go, one must have a very good command of the various sections of the paper. The CG TET Paper 1 (for classes I to V) is divided into five sections, each consisting of 30 questions and 30 marks.
The CG TET Paper 2 (classes VI to VIII), on the other hand, is divided into four sections, of which the first four sections consist of 30 questions and 30 marks, and the final section consists of 60 questions and 60 marks. To ace the exam at the first attempt, the candidate must have a thorough understanding of each and every section.
How to Prepare for CG TET 2021 Exam?
With the help of a few CG TET preparation tips, cracking CG TET 2021 is not a difficult task. With due diligence and adequate effort, one may make the most of the remaining time available and achieve their goals. Here are some CG TET preparation tips that may propel you to success.
- Begin your preparation at least three months before the exam date. Set aside 4-5 hours for at least five days a week for practice.
- Look into the question papers of the previous years to gather some information about the difficulty level of the exam. Try solving the question papers from previous years to measure your proficiency in the various subsections.
- Devote more time to the preparation and revision of sections that you are less confident about than the sections that you are better prepared for.
- Instead of preparing only one section a day, try to go through all the sections in the paper every day. In this way, you will constantly be in touch with all the topics that need to be covered before the examination.
- Try to get hold of all the relevant study material as possible in order to ensure that you do not miss out on important topics. By extensively covering all aspects of the syllabus, you may have a greater chance of succeeding in the upcoming CG TET examination.
By following these CG TET 2021 preparation tips, you shall sail through the examination with flying colors.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
As an aspiring candidate, the first and foremost thing that you should understand is the CG TET Syllabus. So, studying the syllabus carefully would be one of the most important tips to crack the CG TET paper. Here, we will provide a detailed and structured presentation of the CG TET syllabus for the upcoming examination.
CG TET Paper I Exam Pattern for Primary Level (Class I to Class V)
Child Development, Learning & Pedagogy
CG TET Paper 2 Exam Pattern Upper Primary Level (Class VI to Class VIII)
Child Development, Learning & Pedagogy
[a]For Mathematics and Science teacher: Mathematics or Science
[b]For Social Science teacher: Social Science
[c]For any other subject teachers: either [a] or [b]
Keeping this syllabus structure in mind, we will look into a more detailed topic wise preparation method. Following the provided topic wise preparation strategy will guide any aspiring candidate to secure high marks in the CG TET exam.
Topic-wise CG TET Preparation Tips & Guide
A topic-wise study method will be enormously helpful during the preparation of the CG TET examination. Putting emphasis on different sections by understanding the topic contents will not only strengthen your grasp of the subject but also provide you with a superior strategy for success in the CG TET exam.
1. Child Development, Learning & Pedagogy Section
- This section is common in both Paper I and Paper-II. Calculating the number of questions from this section, it can be understood that it carries a 20% weight in the two papers. So, the candidates need to study this section as one of the basic sections during their preparation for the CG TET exam.
- To secure good marks in this section candidates need to particularly focus on educational psychology and philosophy along with the ideologies of educational thinkers.
- The applicants must emphasize the areas of teaching, class dynamics and teacher- student’s relationships.
- The candidates should also have a thorough knowledge of the different processes through which children learn in a classroom environment, their motivations for learning, and the diverse needs of children that ensure a successful learning environment.
Suggested Read: Child Development Concept Notes for TET Exam
2. Language I and II
- Generally, in the language sections of the CG TET exam, your proficiency and linguistic skill will be judged.
- Candidates need to read the unseen passages carefully and try to understand the subject matter along with the key points and arguments. Thus, it will be easier to perceive the asked question and answer accordingly. The candidates also should keep track of time during the study of the passages.
- In order to have a better grasp of English, a habit of reading and regular practice through speaking works best.
- For the section regarding the teaching of the English language, one needs to be sharply aware of the various challenges faced by teachers in the process of educating children in a language that is not their mother tongue, as well as the various methods that may be adopted to ensure proper dissemination of knowledge from teacher to student.
- As the syllabus covers all the concepts and topics of the NCERT Mathematics syllabus, it is wise for aspiring candidates to make sure that they are acquainted with those topics to prepare for the CG TET exam.
- To familiarise themselves with the question type and the language, the aspirants should attempt to cover as many previous year’s question papers as possible.
- Having grasped the mathematical concepts and formulas and gaining some familiarity, candidates must appear for mock tests, through which you can test your preparation level.
- Candidates should not lose their confidence only after a few tests. Rather it should be taken as a ground for prior examination to find out the problems. So that the candidates can be more accurate with the responses during the actual examination.
- Moreover, taking several mock tests improves time management too. For the Paper-II candidates, this section has a 40% weightage on the paper.
4. Environmental Studies
- This section requires the aspirants to have general knowledge about the environment like the solar system, natural resources, transportation, communication, habitats and so on.
- A basic study of the NCERT books on geography, environmental studies, and Class 12th Biology could help a lot. Watching news clips and reading the newspaper could help build a current knowledge of environmental affairs.
- Only for Paper-II, this section also carries 40% weightage. Keeping that in mind the aspirants must follow the NCERT book and prepare for all the topics on physics, chemistry, and biology.
- Important chapters like Acids, base, salt, sources of energy, the structure of the atom, electric current, magnets, and magnetism should be studied carefully.
6. Social Studies
- The social studies paper for the CG TET examination consists of questions regarding history and geography. In order to crack the CG TET paper as a social science teacher, the NCERT history and geography books will be the basic starting point.
- Solving the previous year’s question papers would undoubtedly help to gather comprehensive knowledge about the important sections. Reference books on the subjects will enrich the candidates with further in-depth knowledge.