1. Max Verstappen wins 2022 United States F1 Grand Prix
- F1 world champion, Max Verstappen (Red Bull driver) has won the 2022 United States F1 Grand Prix title, held at the Circuit of the Americas, Texas, USA.
- Hamilton (Mercedes driver) has finished second and Charles Leclerc (Ferrai driver) came third in the 2022 United States F1 Grand Prix.
- List of 2022 F1 Race:
- Japanese GP: Max Verstappen
- Singapore GP: Sergio Pérez (Red bull)
- Italian GP: Max Verstappen
- Dutch GP: Max Verstappen
- Belgian GP: Max Verstappen
Banking & Finance
2. Karnataka Bank bags digital transformation awards of CII
- Karnataka Bank has bagged National Digital Transformation Awards DX 2022 Awards for best practice in digital transformation under BFSI segment.
- The award was instituted by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- This award was given in recognition of the “Innovative Excellence” in ‘KBL HR NxT - Employee Engagement’, ‘KBL Operations NxT - Operational Excellence’ and ‘KBL Customer NxT - Customer Experience’.
- Bank has launched KBL Vikas in 2017, KBL NxT in 2021.
Banking & Finance
3. IndusInd Bank raised USD 150 Mn loan from US DFC
- IndusInd Bank has raised $150 million loan from the United States International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) to expand its microfinance portfolio.
- The mains focus of the loan to boost the access to finance for women borrowers, as well as uplifting the livelihoods of these women and their families.
- The bank will use the proceeds to lend to women borrowers in rural communities of Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, and Bihar.
- IndusInd Bank MD and CEO: Sumant Kathpalia
4. World Polio Day 2022: 24th October
- World Polio Day 2022 has observed every year on October 24 to raise awareness about the polio vaccination and eradication of polio.
- 2022 theme: World Polio Day 2022 and Beyond: A healthier future for mothers and children
- This day was established in 1985 by Rotary International to commemorate the birth of Jonas Salk.
- Jonas Salk was the lead medical researcher of the team that developed a vaccine against polio.
- WHO Head: Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
Honours & Awards
5. Hyderabad Haleem wins 'Most Popular GI' food award
- Hyderabadi Haleem of Telangana has won the ‘Most Popular GI’ award after defeating other food items including Rasgulla, Bikaneri Bhujiya, and Ratlami Sev.
- GI tag: It is given to products to ensure that authorised users can only use the popular product name.
- Hyderabadi Haleem has recived the GI status in 2010.
- It was expired in December 2019.
- However, later, the registrar of Geographical Indicator renewed the tag for the dish for 10 years.
6. FATF adds Myanmar to list of high-risk countries
- Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has added Myanmar to the list of high-risk countries, which is known as ‘Black List’.
- Reason: Strategic deficiencies in regimes to counter money laundering, terrorist financing, and proliferation financing
- Myanmar is the third country to be added in this list along with North Korea and Iran, which have been on the high-risk list since 2020.
- President of FATF: T. Raja Kumar
- FATF HQ: Paris, France
7. PM launched Mission LiFE in Gujarat
- PM Modi has launched Mission LiFE in the presence of UN Secretary General, Antonio Guterres at the Statue of Unity, Ekta Nagar, Kevadia, Gujarat.
- Mission LiFE refers to Lifestyle for Environment.
- Aim: To protect and preserve the environment
- This global movement will showcase sustainable goals and climate actions taken by countries and individuals around the world.
- The UN Secretary-General and PM Modi have also launched booklet, logo, and tagline of Mission LiFE.
8. WHO launched One Health Joint Plan of Action
- One Health Joint Plan of Action was launched by Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), World Health Organization (WHO), and World Organisation for Animal Health (WOAH).
- Aim: To create a framework to integrate systems and capacity to collectively better prevent, and respond to health threats
- This plan will be applicable from 2022 to 2026 to reduce the health issues at the international, regional, and national levels
9. India’s first ‘Migration Monitoring System’ launched
- The first ‘Migration Monitoring System’ of India has been launched in Mumbai with an aim to provide updated information on migrant pregnant women, lactating mothers and children instantly on a single system.
- The system was launched by the Maharashtra Women and Child Development Minister, Mangalprabhat Lodha.
- The system was developed by the Department of WCD.
- It will track the movements of vulnerable seasonal migrant beneficiaries through unique identification numbers.
10. Honesty Shop launched for school students in Ernakulam, Kerala
- "Honesty shops” has been launched in the Ernakulam district of Kerala for students up to Class 12.
- This initiative was launched by the Student police cadet.
- Aim: To cultivate valuable lessons on trust, truth and integrity for students.
- There will be no salesperson in these shops and neither will they have a shopkeeper present.
- Students can choose items they need and drop the money for each item inside the collection box kept on a table.