ESE 2021 Technical Quiz || Compression Members
Attempt now to get your rank among 197 students!
1) For a wielded lacing system, effective length is equal to 0.7 times distance between inner ends of effective lengths of welds at ends.
2) Angle of inclination of lacing bar from axis of column should not be more than 45°.
3) Thickness of lacing bar should not be less than for double lacing, where leff is the effective length of the lacing bar.
4) Maximum slenderness ratio of component of main members between two consecutive lacing connection should not be greater than 0.7 times most unfavourable slenderness ratio of combined column.
Which of the following statements is/are correct:
1. Moment arising in the batten due to transverse shear is 12.5 KNm
2. Design shear force in the batten is 100 KN
3. Moment arising in the batten due to transverse shear is 10 KNm
4. Design shear force in the batten is 62.5 KN
- 197 attempts
- 0 upvotes
- 5 comments