Boxing World Cup: Check Gold Medals in the 60 KG Category
By : Neha Dhyani
Updated : Jan 28, 2022, 5:52
Indian boxers won nine medals at the Cologne Boxing World Cup 2020 in Germany, including three gold medals, two silver medals, and four bronze medals. India ranked second on the overall list, and Germany topped the list with 16 medals.
The Cologne World Boxing Championship ended on 19th December 2020. The Indian boxers Manisha Moun, Amit Pangal, and Simranjit Kaur graciously completed a 67-day competition campaign and training in Europe, winning three gold. medals.
Highlights of the Boxing World Cup Game
- A total of five women boxers and eight men boxers enrolled in the Cologne Boxing World Cup after strong preparations in Italy.
- Simranjit Kaur, a bronze medalist at the Women's World Boxing Championship, impressed everyone in the semi-finals and faced Maya Kleinhans in the title match. The 25-year-old boxer showed nimble footwork to beat her local German opponent at home in the final with a clear punch. The Indian woman pugilist succeeded in reducing the distance of the fight against the tall German opponent, won the fight by a split decision and bagged a gold medal in the 60 kg category.
- In the 57kg final, Manisha Moun and Women's Youth World Champion Sakshi Choudhary played against each other. The young Sakshi landed a fast punch in the first round and tried to overcome her opponent. However, Manisha began to stretch out in the second round and did not give Sakshi a chance, so she won the 3-2 battle in a fierce battle. Sakshi had finished the campaign with silver in the boxing world cup 2020 India
- The 2018 Asian Game Gold Medalist and 2019 ASBC Asian Champion Amit Panghal won the Round Robin Tournament for the Men's Flyweight (52 kg). The 25-year-old Indian defeated one of his biggest rivals, the bronze medalist of the French World Boxing Championship, Billal Bennama, for the finals. He then defeated his German opponent in the final.
Gold Medals in the 60 KG Category
Bronze medalist Simranjit Kaur of the AIBA World Women's Boxing Championship in India impressed everyone by a successful feat in the semi-finals of the match against Maya Kleinhans. The Indian boxer succeeded in reducing the distance of her fight against her opponent, winning the championship and a gold medal in the 60kg category.
India's super heavyweight boxer Satish Kumar (+91kg) defeated France's Djamili Dini Moindze in the semi-finals, but unfortunately, he was injured in Germany while playing against Nelvie Tiafack. He had to withdraw from the match and settle for silver.
The bronze medal winners in the category were Sonia Lather (57 kg), Pooja Rani (75 kg), Gaurav Solanki (57 kg), and Mohamed Hussamudin (57 kg).
FAQs about Boxing World Cup
- Who were the boxing world cup 2020 winners?
List of Medal Winners:
- Gold Medal winner - The three gold medals for India were bagged by Amit Panghal (52kg), Manisha Moun (57kg), and Simranjit Kaur (60kg) in their respective categories.
- Silver Medal Winners - Silver medals were claimed by Sakshi Choudhary (57kg) and Satish Kumar (91kg).
- Bronze Medal Winners - Sonia Lather (57kg), Pooja Rani (75kg), Gaurav Solanki (57kg), and Mohamed Hussamudin (57kg) won the bronze medal in their respective categories.
- Who hosted the Cologne Boxing World Cup 2020?
The EUBC (European Boxing Confederation) hosted the Cologne Boxing World Cup 2020.
- When did the cologne boxing world cup 2020 culminate?
The Cologne World Boxing Championship ended on 19th December 2020.