Are you preparing for the WBCS examination?
The WBCS examination procedure begins with a Preliminary Exam, followed by the Main Exam and Personality Test.
This blog will be helpful for the WBCS aspirants to know the most anticipated section with the most expected topics that are critical before beginning exam preparation.
WBCS Prelims Exam Pattern
- The WBCS Prelims exam consists of only one General Studies MCQ paper.
- The Prelims paper consists of General Studies questions including General Mental Ability of 200 marks.
- The exam duration is 2.5 hours.
- The marks obtained from this WBCS Preliminary exam will not be added to the final result. It is only a screening test to admit students to the WBCS main examination
|English Composition||25 marks|
|General Science||25 marks|
|Current events of National & International Importance||25 marks|
|History of India||25 marks|
|Geography of India (special reference to West Bengal)||25 marks|
|Indian Polity and Economy||25 marks|
|Indian National Movement||25 marks|
|General Mental Ability||25 marks|
Most Expected WBCS English MCQs to Asked in Prelims Exam
Candidates must have concrete planning to pass the WBCS Preliminary Exam. The aspirants need to follow the proper strategy to decent score in the WBCS Preliminary Exam. The candidates need to focus on General English MCQ. We will discuss the Most Expected WBCS English MCQs to be Asked in Prelims Exam.
Most Expected WBCS English MCQs
DIRECTION FOR QUESTIONS NOS. 1 TO 2:
Choose the most suitable word or expression from among the four alternatives supplied for filling the blank space in the sentences given
01. The man felt _____ when he got to know that he had been cheated.
02. He stood _____ Ankita, but could not utter a single word for quite some time.
03. The Word ‘Ensconce’ means
04. Correct passive form of the following sentence ‘Martin drew a picture of the snow-capped mountains.’ is:
1. A picture of the snow-capped mountains has been drawn by Martin.
2. A picture of the snow-capped mountains is drawn by Martin.
3. A picture of the snow-capped mountains is being drawn by Martin.
4. A picture of the snow-capped mountains was drawn by Martin.
05. Which is the correct form of the given sentence :
I am believing you have submitted all the necessary documents.
1. I have been believing you have submitted all the necessary documents.
2. I was believing you have submitted all the necessary documents.
3. I am believing you submit all the necessary documents.
4. I believe you have submitted all the necessary documents.
To access the rest of the Questions, click here:
More from us
Important Articles for WBCS Exam
|ভারতীয় সংবিধান প্রণয়ন||Click Here|
|Physiography of India (হিমালয় এবং উত্তরের সমভুমি)||Click Here|
|ভারতের জাতীয় উদ্যান এবং ওয়াইল্ড লাইফ স্যাংচুয়ারি||Click Here|
|মৌর্য সাম্রাজ্য: WBPSC স্টাডি নোটস||Click Here|
|10 জন মহিলা স্বাধীনতা সংগ্রামী||Click Here|
|2022 সালের ভারতের ক্যাবিনেট মন্ত্রীদের তালিকা||Click Here|